Heart to Break (Benlos)

Carlos was listening to a music playlist laying in bed, trying desperately to think about something else than the boy that hasn't left his mind all day. Even with the music turned up on high and blaring in his eardrums the thoughts of King Benjamin Beast were there. Of how handsome and gorgeous he was backlit by the sunrise this morning when their paths crossed before breakfast. He couldn't help but stare and Ben had to shake him slightly to get his attention back. It was beyond embarrassing; he had no idea how his attraction to the King of Auradon wasn't glaringly obvious. Ben always seemed oblivious though, sweetly assuming the most innocent intentions from everyone. Carlos was anything but innocent. The amount of times he dreamt of the king in such inappropriate ways made him feel guilty. He knew he shouldn't be letting himself get caught up in these emotions, but he couldn't fight it.

Trying to still push these thoughts out of his mind, he tuned back into the song he was listening to. Of course it was a love song. He got up feeling the song's beat and the lyrics. He decided to sing along with the song. He was alone in the dorm anyway. Jay was at Tourney practice with Ben. Of course with Ben he thought bitterly, mildly regretting leaving the team. He snapped out of thinking about it and focused back on the song. "Oh, one look at you, I'm powerless. I feel my body saying yes. Where's my self-control? And when you touch me, I'm a fool. This game I know I'm gonna lose. Makes me want you more." Carlos sang along dancing around his room imagining Ben were sitting on the edge of his bed, singing to him. "Even if it means that I'll never put myself back together. Gonna give you my heart to break. Even if I'll end up in shatters, baby it doesn't matter. Gonna give you my heart to break. I tried to fight, but I can't help it. Don't care if this is my worst mistake. 'Cause no one else could do it better. That's why I give you my heart to break." Carlos grinned really feeling the song dancing around his room pretending his king was sitting watching his heart unfold before him. He laid down on his bed still jamming out to his music panting softly but still singing the rest of the song.

Carlos nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Jay and Ben standing in the doorway after sitting up. He immediately snatched off his headphones, face heating up with an extreme blush. "H-hi guys." Carlos stammered nervously not sure how much they had seen or heard of that. His heart was pounding in his chest like crazy. Jay had a grin on his face and Ben seemed somewhere between amused and amazed.

"Hey C. Listening to love songs now? You gotta crush on someone?" Jay teases knowing full well that Carlos has felt some sort of feelings towards the king. Carlos covered his face with his hand shaking his head.

"So what if I do. It doesn't matter. They aren't gonna like me back so stop teasing me about it." Carlos groaned flopping back on the bed. He didn't want to look at Ben because he knows he will start staring if he does. Jay shrugs and heads into their bathroom to change. Ben being the nice guy comes over and sits next to Carlos.

"You are a really good singer Carlos. I've never heard you sing before. Why didn't you join choir or show off this talent before?" Ben asked putting his hand comfortingly on Carlos's knee. Carlos stared at the ceiling trying to ignore the friendly touch and how much it was affecting his ability to think.

"I don't really like singing for other people... or in front of other people at least. It's embarrassing. I don't even sound that good Ben." Carlos tries to argue, moving his knee slightly only making Ben move his hand up slightly to his thigh instead of his knee. Carlos closed his eyes taking a deep breath trying really hard to focus on everything but the warm hand on his thigh rubbing it's thumb circles on his skin. Of all days to wear shorts, he cursed himself for his poor choice in wardrobe.

"Well I think you sing beautifully and I'd like to hear you sing more. As for this crush you seem to have." Ben's voice dipping low and teasing now making everything in Carlos's body feel like it was on fire. God he couldn't handle this. "I think anyone would be lucky to have you. You are a great guy with a good heart and tons of talents. I don't see what there isn't to like about you. I think you should take a chance." Ben smiled down at Carlos making him melt. He can't be doing this right now. Carlos squirms a bit getting off the bed entirely, pulling away from Ben. His heart beating wildly in his chest. He can't handle this right now.

"I need to go for a walk." Carlos announces abruptly starting off towards the door but Ben catches him by the wrist and pulls him back. He turns around to look at the king holding his wrist.

"Carlos what's wrong?" Ben asked looking concerned for him. "Did I upset you? You know I was only teasing. I didn't mean to upset you." He said sincerely making Carlos actually whine in the most adorable way.

"You can't do that. You're not allowed to be so damn sweet to me all the time." Carlos blushes heavily covering his face with his hand again trying to hide. "Touching my leg, complimenting me, and even apologizing when do anything wrong except for be amazing." Carlos rants just as Jay comes out. He takes one look at the situation and motions to the door, heading out to leave the two alone.

"Alright, well I don't see how me being amazing would bother you so much." Ben asked curiously and Carlos bit his lip, taking his hand off his face. He looked Ben right in the eyes, he can't believe he is going to do this.

"One look at you, I'm powerless." Carlos starts singing the song again but this time directly at Ben. "I feel my body saying yes. Where's my self control? And when you touch me, I'm a fool. This game I know I'm gonna lose. Makes me want you more." He sings as Ben begins to look at him even more confused at first so he keeps singing. "Even if it means that I'll never put myself back together. Gonna give you my heart to break. Even if I'll end up in shatters, baby it doesn't matter. Gonna give you my heart to break. I tried to fight, but I can't help it. Don't care if this is my worst mistake. 'Cause no one else could do it better. That's why I give you my heart to break." Carlos sings the chorus taking Ben's hands just as recognition dawns in his eyes. He stops singing and looks at Ben a little hopelessly. "Does it make sense now?" He asked letting his hands go and starting for the door only to feel arms wrap around his waist and pull him back making him squeak with surprise. Ben can't help but laugh and turn Carlos around.

"It's me you have a crush on isn't it Carlos?" Ben teases, holding Carlos close by the waist. He nods in response making Ben smile handsome and charming as ever. "Well, your heart won't end up broken because I like you too." He pulled them together leaning down to kiss Carlos just as Jay came back to say something, Evie and Mal behind him watching now as Carlos and Ben kiss. Mal lets out a laugh startling the two.

"You two finally got together. If I have to sit through another meal with you two giving each other heart eyes, I'm gonna vomit." Mal laughs as Evie elbows her.

"It's sweet. They finally got together. Don't be mean Mal." Evie scolds. Ben holds Carlos tight to himself grinning.

"I don't know Mal... I think this is only gonna make things worse." He teases pulling Carlos into another kiss ignoring the fact that the three of them are there. Carlos couldn't care less. He was just happy to have him.