apology NOT accepted

"I can't believe you invited Draco. He embarrassed me!", my mother shouted at me from across the dining table.

    "Mother, it's nine in the morning. I don't need you shouting at me this early", I said clutching my head. My hangover plus my mother's loud voice isn't a great mix.

    "Stella, your mother is just trying to express to you how she feels", my father said placing his hand on top of mine.

    "She doesn't need to yell", I muttered.

    My mother let out a sharp exhale. "Narcissa assured me that Draco wouldn't be attending the ball because she too agrees that a confrontation like last night was unnecessary for my ball."

    "I'm sorry, mother. I thought that when I invited him, he wouldn't do something like that. I thought he changed. I'm sorry."

    "When are you going to stop dating these fools and start dating a real man? You're not getting any younger. The next man you date needs to be husband material."

    My father choked as he took a sip of his coffee. "Husband material? Juliet, I don't think that—"

    "Theodore is a lovely suitor. I don't understand why you broke up with him in the first place."

    "He cheated on me with Ginny Weasley", I said with distaste.

    "Don't get me wrong, I love Draco. I've known him since he was born, but he doesn't treat you like a young lady. He treats you like an accessory."

    "There's always Louis Argent", my father added.

    Not this shit again.

    I rolled my eyes as I took a bite of my strawberry. "I'm not dating anyone. And don't worry, father, I'm not looking for a husband."

    "Thank Merlin", he breathed.

    "When I was your age, I was married to your father and was having you."

    "But that was the eighties. Things have changed."

    "I'm not saying go have a baby. I'm saying find someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with. You can still have a career and a husband who adores you. I know a—"

    The doorbell to our flat rang.

    Saved by the fucking bell. I got up from my seat at the dining table and walked to the door. It's probably Stass since she left with Adrian last night. She has a habit of forgetting her keys whenever she's too buzzed after pregaming.

    When I opened the door, it wasn't Stass. It was Draco. His pale blonde hair was disheveled and dark circles contrasted against his light skin. He was still wearing the clothes he wore last night; minus the tie.

    I pulled my eyebrows together and the corner of my lips turned down. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be fucking some random girl at the top of the Eiffel Tower right now?"

    "Nah. I did that last night", Draco said nonchalantly.

    "Of course", I said rolling my eyes.

    "Take a joke, Blackwood. Plus, I'm here for your parents. My mother sent me a howler yelling at me to apologize for last night."

    Draco Malfoy apologizing? Like that's going to sincere. If anyone deserves an apology, it would be me.

    "Stella, honey, who's at the door?", my mother asked from the dining room.

    "Draco", I groaned. "He's here for you."