loss for words

Studying for mid-terms has been kicking my ass. For the past month I've been holed up in my bedroom studying; only leaving for meals and class. I wish Stass can relate to all of the studying I've been doing. She's either over at Adrain's and coming home late or having very loud sex with him in the room across the hall. I love her, but I want to rip her fucking head off. I actually care about academics and don't want to have my family bail me out if I don't meet certain academic standards.

    If I were to fail a class or have a grade below average, my father can easily give the school money to fix the grade. He would be furious at me because he not only wasted money on probably a new building at Ilvermorny or a dedicated section in the Quidditch Stadium, but also because I embarrassed him for not keeping my shit together. My father isn't so willing to throw his money at schools to keep me on top like Stass's.

    Now that mid-terms are over, it means that I am home for a short fall holiday. My mother is throwing a dinner with my friend's families for Thanksgiving, which means Draco is coming over. I haven't seen him in a month because I've been too busy with schoolwork to be going out to dinners and parties. I still haven't had the time to cuss him the fuck out for telling all of the boys about our little hookup.

    My mother knocked on my door and entered my room. She was wearing her Chanel tweed set and her pearls. "Stella, honey, are you ready yet? Our guests are about to arrive."

    "Yeah, I just need to put on some earrings."

    "Are you wearing that?", she asked looking at me up and down.

    I looked at myself in my full-body mirror. In my opinion, there was nothing wrong with my outfit. I'm wearing a black silk dress by the designer Rasario with black Jimmy Choo pumps and jewelry from my family's vault.

    My mother let out a soft sigh. "You look like you're going to a funeral."

    "A funeral? If I'm wearing this to a funeral then the corpse has to belong to my uber rich husband who is seventy years older than me and I'm there to collect the money in the will", I joked.

    "Maybe add some more blush to brighten your face", she suggested. "Your father and I will meet you downstairs when you're finished." She flipped her hair and walked out the door.

    I reached to my peachy tone blush on my vanity and applied a little more blush to my cheeks just to satisfy my mother.

    Before walking downstairs, I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. With the kind of people who are coming to dinner tonight, I need to look my best. The families of friends are very wealthy, and for some, powerful people. Appearance is everything and my parents have burned that into my brain for as long as I can remember.

    When I walked down the stairs and entered the foyer, I saw the Notts and the Malfoys just as they arrived. Draco donned his all black suit, matching Lucius who wore all black with a black velvet cape. Narcissa also wore all black. The Notts however wore warm tones. Theo wore a red silk shirt and black trousers.

    "You look like one of the Malfoys", Theo teased, leaning in to whisper in my ear.

    Now I wished I would've changed. My mother was right, I do look like I'm attending a funeral.

    "You look beautiful, Stella", Mrs. Nott said giving me a hug.

    "You too", I replied with a smile. "Shall I take your coats?", I asked holding out my hand.  She nodded her head and handed me her coat and Mr. Nott's. "My parents are in the drawing room."

    "Good evening, Stella", Narcissa greeted with a smile. "You look gorgeous. I'm surprised your mother let you wear all this black. That woman loves her themes, especially when it comes to holidays."