𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

And I fucking hate the rain

It had been four days since Ravenna had the interaction with Mattheo. Also known as the time Ravenna totally kicked Mattheo's ass. He had avoided her ever since. This didn't shock Ravenna, but it did piss her off. The inconsistency of his attitude. He was like the rain.

Sometimes, Mattheo would be aggressive, relentless, and prideful, hubris laced in his smirk, his words, his very being. It was intense, like hard rain. Other times, he'd be passive, docile, his previously unforthcoming manner, turning into something silent, completely tight-lipped. A light drizzle.

Rain bothered Ravenna. It was inconsistent, unreliable, and untrustworthy. That's how she saw Mattheo. One minute it's pattering down roughly on the roof of your house, and the next, it's calmed to a light mist forming in the chilly air. Rain left an effect everywhere it went.

And, whether Ravenna liked to admit it or not, Mattheo had an effect on her.

Mattheo was rain, and I fucking hate the rain.

Desperately trying to separate herself from her thoughts, she turned to her best friend,

"Are you going to the party tonight?" she had asked him, immediately cringing at the stupid question.

Obviously he wasn't going to the party. A recovering drug addict and parties with drugs don't go together. Especially parties the Slytherin house hosts. You couldn't have thought of anything better to say? Jeez.

Theodore paid no mind to the question, responding with a simple, "Nope,"

A long pause ensued, with Ravenna unsure of where the conversation was heading. She tried very hard to be there for Teddy, even though she would never fully understand how he felt. Drug addiction was never something she ever experienced, but she could only imagine how difficult it was for him. He was the strongest person ever, in her eyes.

"But I figured since you'd be going, that I could watch Samael for a little while?" Ravenna's heart soared, although she felt bad leaving her friend alone, she needed the party.

She needed to escape.

"It's a date." they smiled at each other, before going back to their previous activities.

*************

"Hurry up, I'm ready!" Astra shouted, walking out of the bathroom, smoothing down her silk dress.

"That's rich coming from the whore who's always late-"

"Huh? What was that? Did you hear something?"

Ravenna smiled at her friend's idiotic behavior, standing up, looking in the mirror.

Ravenna was sickly, there was no doubt.