𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

They say that you're the daughter of the she-Devil

content warning: mental illness, alludes to murder

Ravenna wandered the halls of Hogwarts, walking staircase after staircase, hall through hall. She liked the feeling of safety, or at least she knew she didn't have to look behind her back all the time. God knows what lurks outside of those walls.

She had somehow found her way to the Ravenclaw tower, looking out into the midnight sky, with stars that held a special type of sparkle. Ravenna liked stars, she thought they were interesting. She remembered some of the constellations her raven-haired friend taught her growing up, finally understanding why the Malfoy twin loved the stars so much. It was the same as the sun, it was constant. You can always trust the North Star to be right where it was when night falls.

Ravenna twirled her knife in between her long fingers, deep in thought. Her head cocked up, hearing something behind her. She froze in her spot, not moving a single muscle before she rotated her body to face the culprit of her fright.

Ravenna looked in front of her, dumbfounded at who she saw. It was a ghost, but not just any ghost.

Helena Ravenclaw.

Helena floated in the air, right in front of the girl. Ravenna didn't know what to say, it wasn't everyday you saw a ghost in front of your face.

Helena floated over the railing, right past the girl in a hurry. Ravenna stammered, trying to think of something, anything to say.

"Wait." Ravenna said. She walked over to the railing that stopped at her waist, she climbed onto the stone, balancing herself against a pillar as she stood next to the Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower.

Helena Ravenclaw was serenely beautiful, never aging past the early days she died. Despite her objective beauty, Ravenna couldn't help but notice the way the ghost's face held a combination of despair, and fear.

Ravenna held onto a column as she whispered, "Don't you get sick of being judged?"

Ravenna paused, as Helena stopped in the middle of the air, keeping her back turned to the girl.

Ravenna desperately wanted to be heard, wanting to be seen for the first time in her life.

"Don't you hate how before you've even set foot in a room, everyone has their mind made up about you?"

Ravenna couldn't take it anymore, her whole life she's been trained to be what everyone wants, and has always been looked down on. She was sick of it.

"And, even if you are what they think you are, you'll never even get the chance to prove them right or wrong." emotion poured from Ravenna's voice.

Helena turned to the clearly distraught girl, she knew exactly how Ravenna felt. Alone, angry, sorrowful, and even vengeful. She had felt it all. She felt everything so intensely. It felt like weakness and the Lestrange girl wanted it to go away. Ravenna looked at the ghost, tears threatened to spill from the girl's jade eyes.