𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

As if she was not living

Mattheo felt the lantern sway in his hand as he looked through the line of trees. It was unsettling. Mattheo didn't get scared, especially not because of a bit of dark wood, but even then he couldn't help but wonder the type of creatures that may lurk in the Forbidden Forest.

He looked over at Ravenna, who didn't seem bothered by the illusive forest, outwardly at least. She looked up at the moon, not feeling the same sense of comfort she'd feel from the sun.

She quietly wished it was day time, so she could see its beauty.

She hadn't lost her nerves due to the almost pitch-black, night, but that wasn't to say she was fond of where she found herself at this moment.

As soon as they had arrived at the hut, Hagrid sent the pair into the woods and find a Thestral for a lesson he was preparing the following day. They were told that a herd would be a bit of a ways into the woods. Then, they were told that this was a special mission, one "only you two can do."

He obviously assumed just because they were children of the most preeminent dark Wizards, that they've seen death. Well, he was correct. They had both indeed seen Thestrals.

"Did he just say one? Or do you think he meant two? I don't remember him giving us a certain number." Ravenna said, pulling her cloak closer around her body.

"That's because the oaf didn't give us a fucking number. He just said 'go get um an' bring em back'." Mattheo mocked annoyingly, he truly was frustrated. Not to mention on an alcohol detox from how much he had consumed in the past two weeks.

Ravenna didn't mind where she was, in all honesty, would she rather be in the Slytherin commons with her cat talking to Teddy? Hell yes, but she wasn't, so she didn't bother to complain.

She sighed, looking around her for any sight of the beautiful, powerful creatures she was ever-so found of.

"Well, I bet he sent me out here because he knew I'm an expert at this kind of stuff." She said teasingly, in attempt to lighten his mood, sensing his annoyance. She smiled softly looking over at him.

He looked over at her, his heart warming seeing her gently smile. He looked away rolling his eyes, while he scoffed.

"You can't tell your east from your west." He said in a very matter-of-fact way, marching through the wet grass. Holding the lantern closer to the ground, trying to make sure he didn't trip over a stray branch or root.

"Yes I can!" She stopped dead in her tracks, the urge to prove him wrong too strong even though she knew for a fact that she had no clue what way is what.

"Oh yeah?" He teased. "Show me." He ordered.

She continued to look at him as she made a random guess.