𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

"We need to leave, now"

The words are rushed and sound more like a plea than a statement as they leave Theodore's mouth.

They were pushing their way through the crowded halls after packing what they thought would be needed for the trip.

And despite all this rush, this fast paced, unending rush, all Ravenna could feel was regret. It stunned her.

Ravenna had killed many, her hands were stained with such sins that it was a shock her sanity was intact. Mostly intact, anyway. But now, in this shit hole of a situation, Ravenna felt regret.

Well, that was the bitch of living she supposed.

The lingering issue was why.

Sure, many people cared for Dumbledore, hell, some even looked up to him. But, Ravenna? Ravenna barely respected him, let alone saw him as a mentor. Dumbledore was a phony, he used children to carry out his plans.

So why was there a deep apprehension inside Ravenna about this matter?

"Ravenna"

Her name, along with a hurried hand on her waist pulls her out of her thoughts. Mattheo stands in front of her, his other hand moving to cup her jaw.

She wasted not another moment, heading to leave the dormitory as she's followed by her husband and her best friend. Out of the Slytherin common room, the group is speeding down the moving stairs, rushing to leave before they are caught.

Their journey out of the castle is almost steadfast and unbroken, until Ravenna is face-to-face with the Great Hall. She finds herself rooted to her spot as she watches her mother destroy everything.

That's what everyone will think of me now. I'm just like her.

"You-"

Ravenna's head cranes to her right as she sees a certain scar-faced Gryffindor racing toward her .

"You killed him, you double-dealing witch-"

His efforts in pursuit toward Ravenna are halted as two wands are pointed directly at him. Neither wand belong to Ravenna, no in fact, they belong to Mattheo and Theodore.

Theodore had pointed his wand at Harry, to defend her.

Harry's gaze moved from Ravenna directly onto the Nott boy, a look of confusion and something else, betrayal?

Well, that was some angst to be unpacked.

"You know what she did, right?" Harry said, bitterness and grief in his tone.

"You know nothing, Harry." Theodore said, through gritting teeth, trying to talk without his guilt getting in the way of him completing his sentence.

Ravenna stood behind Mattheo, he had pushed her behind, but she snuck around Mattheo. She stood next to him, with calculated eyes.

"Dumbledore put me up to it." Ravenna blurted through the mix of hazed voices. Harry's eyes flicked back to hers.

She studied the boy's eyes, the emotions that swam in them. Grief, anger, fear - fear for the uncertainty of the future.

In many people's eyes, now that Dumbledore was gone, Hogwarts was no longer safe.

It would never be the same.

He pointed his wand at her again, "You're lying, he would nev-"

"Think about what he's put you through," the girl interrupted, "Think of all the things he's asked you to do, think about all the promises he's made you keep." She almost pleaded.