𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

"Crash and burn

"Crash and burn."

Ravenna kneeled on the bed, knotting Teddy's hair. She had his brown locks in braids and put in tiny pig tails with elastic hair ties. He was reluctantly sitting on the bed with Samael on his lap, letting the Lestrange girl play with his hair.

"So, after Gryffindor lost that game to Slytherin-"

"Which one?" Ravenna interrupted.

"I think the first one." He said unsure, shrugging.

"Anyways, he was upset and I just happened to walk in at the right time and one thing led to another." He said slowing his words at the end.

She continued to tangle his silky hair, pulling it slightly. He sat on the bed in front of her trying not to groan in pain every time she pulled it too hard.

"It's just, I really like him Venna." he said after a second of silence.

Ravenna smiled softly, "And that's okay." she said with a gentleness only certain people could pull out of her.

"Maybe he can come to my wedding." She said.

"I don't know, that's a year away Venna." He said looking down at the fury creature.

"A month." She corrected.

"A year."

"A month." She said slower this time.

"A month?" He said spinning around to face the girl. Parts of his hair spilling over his forehead while others were tightly pinned back by the rubber ties.

"Mattheo got a letter yesterday saying we had a month till we'd be wed." she sat, almost slumping in defeat.

Ravenna was well aware of the feelings she held for Mattheo. She wasn't familiar with the strange emotions. They hurt her head, they confused the absolute hell out of her. Over time she realized it hurt more to push them away than at least except the fact that they were there.

It was such a subtle feeling that made its way into her heart without even realizing it, and it happened so fast, so incredibly fast. She believed it had something to do with the flashbacks.

With the memories, came the emotions.

The entire situation she found herself in was stressful and it didn't make sense.

She didn't forget things, Ravenna refused to let herself forget any single event in her life. Not the good, not the bad.

So what were these memories of her and Mattheo, even Tom?

She was certain that they had never met. Before they'd seen each other at the manor, she was certain that they had never met before.

"Fuck, a month Venna?" He said processing the information. "Are you ready for that?"