𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Why the hell is this happening, and what the hell does it mean?

content warning: ED stuff, mental anguish and whatnot.

Walking onto the train, meant that Ravenna's little vacation was over, and she had to re-enter real life. Just like last time, she was settled between Mattheo and Teddy. Astra and Tom were on the other side, books in their hands, but this time they sat closer to each other. Ravenna noticed how Tom could manage to meet Astra's gaze, unlike the last few times.

They were cute together, they were both the type of people that liked to keep to themselves, liked to read with such a thirst for knowledge. Ravenna was worried about where it'd go, Tom was different from Mattheo.

In subtle ways.

Primrose and Draco had sneaked off once they had all gotten on the train, as did Lynx. So it left the same group as before.

Mattheo sat with his head pushed up against the back of the back rest, Ravenna had her head on her best friend's shoulder, falling asleep on him, like always.

Her hand fell from off her thigh onto Mattheo's, where his hand rested by him on the leather of the seat.

He laid on the cold, dewy grass as he watched the sun rise above the tree. A golden halo in the sky. Someone next to him let out a shaky breath, he looked over. It was Ravenna, looking up at the sky with relaxed features.

She was much younger here, she looked much younger, but her eyes carried the same exhausted emotion as the present.

"See? It's right there." He pulled her closer by her waist, kissing the side of her head. The simplicity of it was surreal.

"Breath, beautiful."

He moved his hand immediately, he looked over at her face to see if she had seen the same thing he did, but she was asleep. Her eyes gently shut, her red lips parted slightly. He could melt at her beauty.

She looked younger in the flash back, no older than 13. Her hair was much shorter, she appeared to be much healthier, like she weighed more. She looked worse in other ways, bruises on her jaw, deep violet bags under her eyes. It made him shiver, it made him angry.

He tried to brush it off, but he couldn't. This is the second time this had happened. Random occurrences of memory with no apparent importance or significance?

Tom gave at him with a questioning, puzzled look. Mattheo shook his head toward him, dismissing him with with a glance.

Why the hell is this happening, and what the hell does it mean?

-------

They all arrived at the school in a timely fashion, Ravenna got a sight of Draco throwing glares at 'the Boy Who Lived', while Primrose wrapped her hand around his arm, making his cold eyes turn warm toward the girl as he softly smiled at her.

Normally, Draco would be tormenting Potter, but he couldn't. Not while the kind, forgiving, soft-hearted Hufflepuff was next to him, he didn't feel the need to. Even if she had seen it many times before, he wanted to be better.

Maybe Draco knew the reasoning for bullying the boy was selfish and immature, but it all came from a place of hurt, just the same. That never made it okay, and Primrose knew that. She tried her best to talk Draco away from any impulsive "battle" he had with the boy because she could see that he was always capable of better. She was beautiful like that, not just on the outside, but within.

There was still snow, and it made the air bitterly cold and feel as if it was stinging Ravenna's skin. She looked down at her shoes as they sunk into the Earth.