Routine

published on: August 21, 2021

***

"It's time to leave Mew"

He picked a file from the table and started flipping on it, "You go ahead, I will stay for a while"

Pen nodded his head in understanding "Don't overwork" and with that note he left the office. 

Once Pen left Mew slammed the file on the table and swirled in his chair, with closed eyes his eyeballs moving left and right in distress... 

Sigh he grabbed on lighter from the drawer and went out to the balcony, pulled out the cig from his pocket placed the white bud between his lips, inhaled the deep puff of nicotine in one go.

Eyes trialed upside towards the pitch dark, he can't see any stars, not even the moon...he took another deep puff and exhaled it in darkness his gaze narrowed downwards towards the skyrocketed concrete jungle in front of him, shining brightly with every color, contrasting with dark sky.

The noises from the outside, indicating the busy life in the midnight of the city..

His trail of thoughts interrupted with a buzzing call in his pocket, he dashed out the phone and looked at the screen still smoking out making little puffs in the air. His sister was calling, he keeps on looking at the phone until it goes silent. He bowed on the banister, the phone buzzed again, but he stoic ignoring it, not even bothered to check the caller id, his brain is filled with the memory and touches of laughter he gets last night, can he feel free like that again.

He crushed the remaining bud of the cig, and resumed the reel of last night memory, took out another cig from the pack and put it in his mouth, chewed a little on white bud, took hundredth of puff in a little span.

That man has occupied his mind for the whole day, it was frustrating yet lively...  for the whole day he was physically present and talking to the people and attending the meetings but in his unconscious brain, he was still rolling on that floor laughing with Gulf... singing silly songs, he wants to experience that kind of laugh and freedom once again...

Was he that drunk, does the liquor was too strong to make him delusional, or he just felt light at the moment...

Should he go there once again, but he has no reason to be there, what would he say, he has no reason, no grudge, no revenge to take, no business to deal with...

He looked at his wristwatch, would he be at home??, he came late on Saturdays, should he go and check whether he is home... Safe, 

Did someone try to invade his apartment? Would he brought someone with him, but he said he won't bring people home...Sigh, it is really frustrating.

He took out his phone again he can give a call, they can have a little chat right,

He went through his contact list and wahhhhh he doesn't have any details, Just amazing really amazing, he threw tantrums on the poor railing and wall beside that, and of course, it will lead him to lighten up another cig, this is gonna be a long night for sure.

****

Gulf smiled at the crowd, throwing his flirtish smirks, beating on drums along the rhythm moving his shoulders and head along with, making the crowd go crazy with his unbuttoned shirt and messy hair...but his mind engaged in finding answers of few questions like,

"Would he come tonight", 

"He knew I would be late on Saturdays",

"But yesterday he was early, would he wait??, sigh,