2

3 week's later

Mia's POV

I woke up. The things with Addison. I have fallen for her. I can't tell anyone. I haven't even told Meredith or Izzie and they are the closest that I have ever had. Meredith will hate me for that. I wish I could tell Addison but I can't. I showered and I went into Meredith's room and I saw her laying on the bed but she was awake. I just called Cristina over and I just drove to the hospital. I went into the on-call room and I saw Addison sitting on the floor with her leg's to her chest and crying .I just sat next to her and I put my hand on top of her's but Addison snatched her hand away "Go away!" She said "Addison," I said, "GO AWAY!" She shouted again and I got up and I looked at Addison one more time. Then I just left. We had a 911 and we went outside and the ambulance opened and we saw a woman who had her hand in a man "Mine" I said and went up. Meredith and Cristina took the screaming lady. I and  Alex just thought of what to do "Dude"  Alex said "Yeah"  I said. We took the man after we did some test. Cristina went to talk to Burke "How's his respiratory effort?" Burke asked as he came in with Cristina "Absent breath sounds on the right side" I said "Air bubbling at the wound. He's shocky and cyanotic" I said "My wife was, " The man said and I saw blood coming out of his mouth "Grey prepare the OR" Burke said and I nodded" Don't worry sir, we are here to help you and your wife" I said and went and we all scrubbed in.

As Burke was about to open him up. Alex came running in "Dr Burke?" Alex said "I need to speak with you," He said "I am in surgery Karev," He said "You would want to talk to me," Alex said and I am so confused. He went up to Alex and they started to talk "Hannah" He said "Yes?" The woman asked "What do you feel inside? What's your hand touching?" He asked, "What do you mean?" She asked, "Is your hand touching anything hard?" He asked her "Hard?" She asked, "Like metal?" I asked and Dr Burke nodded "I don't know,"She said "Don't move your hand. Just tell me what you feel" He said, "Dr Burke what's going on?" I asked "Hannah?" He asked her "My fingertips are kind of touching something hard... " She said "Yeah,"  She said "Oh my god, "One of the people in the room said "What? What's wrong?" The girl asked "Hannah I don't want you to move. Not your hand. Not your body. Not an inch" He said "Okay you should know you are starting to scare me" She said "Don't be scared everything is gonna be fine "He said, " Dr Grey can you.. " He stopped so I came up to him "I want you to walk out of this room. Walk . Do Not run. Go tell the charge nurse that we have a code back and then tell him to call the bomb squad"  He said and I nodded and I did just that.

After I came back everyone was outside and then Burke came out "What do we do now?" I asked "I go back in there waiting for the bomb squad. You all leave" He said everyone left but I stayed "You need a surgical team"  I said "Fine but you wait by the elevator.I don't want anyone in here that doesn't need to be in the OR" He said and I rolled my eye's and we went and waited by the elevator. Then the bomb squad came and I told them which room it was "We got people over here" Another man said.I saw The bomb squad leaving with Burke so I went inside and I stood beside Hannah "You are so brave" I told her and she looked at me "For not taking your hand out. Once you heard that you were holding a bomb" I said and she smiled "Thank you " She said and nodded "Pink mist" The man said "What?" Hannah asked "That's what the bomb call's you when you blow up" The man said "Can you shut up?" I told him. He is gonna scare this girl "bomb goes off. Anyone in the range explodes into a billion pieces" The man said and I saw her getting scared so I put my hand on top of Hannah's to keep it there so she wouldn't take it out "You'relliquidhere is nothing left" He said "Just flecks of human flesh and blood"He said. He kept going and talking about that stuff and then he left. I saw the girl about to take her hand out. "Hannah, I am gonna take over you slowly take out your hand but you are gonna have to keep pomping that okay?" I asked Hannah and she nodded and I took the bomb in my hand and she took out her hand slowly and then she went to the head of the man and started to pump "Okay you are doing amazing" I said and Hannah nodded "Aren't you scared?" Hannah asked me and I nodded "Yes but you know. This is scary but ... The important thing is to not give up even when things are scary" I said and Hannah nodded. 

I saw Cristina and Meredith looking through the door and once Meredith saw me she had tears in her eye's and they opened the door "Where is Dr Milton?" Cristina asked "He run off like a coward, " I said and then they came in and Cristina took over Hannah "Hannah you can leave now" Meredith said and she runs out "Mia why?" Meredith asked "Once the Coward left I knew that Hannah wanted to let go so I changed her. I need to do something brave ... Because I can't even ask my crush out" I said with tears " Mia " Meredith said with tears " Even if I am gonna die. You will be fine because you are the strongest person I know" I said to Meredith "Go" I told her "No I am not leaving both of you" Meredith said and then Dr Burke came in and the bomb squad guy "Where is Hannah? What happened here?" Dr Burke said and I told everything that happened "We need to clear out the room. Dr Grey get out" Dr Burke said to Meredith "No I won't leave my sister and my best friend here," Meredith said "Mer go, " I said with tears and she just looked at me "Please for me," I said and she took a deep breath and looked at Cristina and She nodded. So Meredith left "What do I do?" I asked "Just stay where you are .Don't move" The man said "Mia?" He asked. I heard the door opening and closing and I saw that it was only me, Cristina and the bomb man "Mia we are gonna make it through this. I promise you" Cristina said and I just looked at her "When did you become such an optimist?" I asked and Cristina smiled "Since you put that stupid hand of your's in there," Cristina said that made me smile and then Burke came back in"Time for you to go, "He said to Cristina and he took over the pump and then Cristina left "So you have a plan right? On how to get this out?" I asked and the man just looked at me and started to have more tears in my eye's "I haven't even told her how I feel. This was not the way today was suppose to go" I said to myself and we all just sat down "Is this the strangest thing that happened in your OR?" I asked Dr Burke "I'd have to say that it is," Dr Burke said " I can't believe this,"  I said and then the bomb squad guy left and then once he came back we started to move to a different OR. 

Once we were halfway there Meredith came in front of us "What are you doing?" She asked "Stop right there" I said "What are you doing?" She asked again "I thought Dr Burke asked you to leave" The man said "We're moving to an OR further away from the oxygen line. In case we blow up" I said "I am not going anywhere" Meredith said "You stay over there" The man said and Meredith went to the side "You ready?" The man asked and we kept moving "Tell me something" I said "What?" She asked "Mer, I have my hand on a freaking bomb. I'm freaking out. Tell me anything"I said "Okay well I know that you like Addison, "Meredith said "And once I went downstairs I saw her asking for you so you can't die. Not now. Addison need's you ... I need you" Meredith said and that made me less scared and it warmed my heart "So you don't hate me?" I asked "I would never hate you. You are my sister" She said and that made me smile and then we got to the OR and we got everything ready "We are ready when you are" Dr Burke said "We're good. Mia?" The man asked. I just nodded "I am going to extend the wound. When I cut the bleeding is gonna intensify" Dr Burke said "But remember remove it keep it on the level" The man said and I nodded "Nice and easy. No quick movements"  He said, "You ready?" Burke asks, "Do I have a choice?" I asked "You have to, be ready," The man said "Yeah .I guess..." I said and then Burke extended the wound "Good she can go" Burke said "All right now.Mia..." The man started.

I started to think about Meredith and mom "Mia?" Burke asked "Meredith should tell our mom about how this happened if I die, " I said "Mia no you won't die, "The man said "Burke you go.Both of you should go" I said "Nobody is dying today Mia" Burke said "I want you to look at me" The man said "I know this is bad" He said "I know I'm this ass that's been yelling at you this whole day" He said "So you pretend I am not. You pretend I am someone you like" He said and I closed my eye's and I saw Addison in front of me "I'm scared," I said "I know," She said "You can do this," She said "It'll be over in a second. You can do this Mia. I believe in you" She said "Okay" I said and then I came back and I took a deep breath. I looked at the man for a second and he nodded

I slowly took the bomb out and I gave it to the man gently "You did good" He said and then I just stepped away from the table and he started to leave and I went after him and then once he was putting it down it exploded