8 | Stalker Sensei

"You're such a stalker, Sensei

"You're such a stalker, Sensei."

Megumi's voice bickers through the phone, mocking the twenty-eight year-old who has his face glued against a school fence.

"No, I am not a stalker," Gojo insists.

Um, yes, he totally is.

The older sorcerer's eyes dart beyond the netting of steel wires and across the school's grassy fields, scanning the faces of parents and nannies dropping young children off for school in the morning.

Gojo spots a father with his twins, a grandmother with her fourth-grader, a babysitter with a rambunctious toddler, but they are no one that he recognizes.

Today, his target is obvious.

It's you.

But, why is he even here?

Aren't you just supposed to be some forgettable, one-month relationship? Why does he feel such an unnecessary attachment for you?

Why can't he simply forget the luminous eyes and sweet lips that he ran into several nights ago, the same pretty features that he ever has been meaning to truly apologize to for years?

Although he hadn't planned on staying for long that evening, your agonizing sobs had his feet stuck on the concrete.

He couldn't blatantly admit how easily he could be influenced by tears, which had softened Gojo's heart by the slightest bit.

Yet, he's supposed to avoid indulging you, to not express any form of affection in order to break himself away from you.

Not that you seemed to want him anyway.

Just say sorry, and go, Gojo tells himself.

What's so difficult about this?

Megumi sighs from the other line.

"Did you meet up with Principal Gakuganji?" he interrogates, providing Gojo a dull reminder of the one task he's been dodging. "Did you also talk to Utahime? You know, to plan the exchange event?"