14 | Power Hungry

"Take a seat, already," Nanami commands again, this time in a huskier rasp

The unexpected, harsher undertone in his words forces you to glance at him, meeting his hazel eyes fleetingly.

Both embarrassed and guilt-riddled, you rip your stare away.

Just act normal, you huff to yourself. Kento won't suspect anything about Satoru.

Turning your attention over to the innocent cushion next to Nanami, you unsteadily walked over.

The second you sit down, though, you just want to bounce right back up.

You had unintentionally sat very, very close to Nanami, and you are sure the way your arms brush against his doesn't go unnoticed by him either.

However, you don't dare to move.

While this isn't the first time you've gotten close with him before, something about your internal cocktail of unease and indebtedness tonight makes the contact feel illegal, makes you feel like you don't deserve this.

But moving away by even an inch would be too awkward.

That would be too obvious that something was bothering you, something that you didn't want the very observant Nanami to know.

As the blonde reaches over the coffee table for last night's unfinished glass of whiskey, his masculine scent wafts and intertwines with the alcohol's spiced notes.

You quietly eye the drink in his hand.

You want that, but you know that Nanami would never let you touch it.

He ignores your wordless plea, knowing that even the slightest bit of liquor makes you lose control.

Instead, you are left watching him, staring at the way he takes a long sip of the warm amber beverage, the movement of his lips so intoxicating and even...obscene.

Nanami hasn't even touched you or even spoke explicitly.

Not really, anyway.

But you're breathing hard for some reason.