CHAPTER 8: REVEALED:

I shoo Zayn near a corner of the big house.
'Zayn, tell me the truth, ok?' I say patiently.
'Ya, I'll try' he says.
'Great then'

I ask him something unexpected. He freezes. Now I know the truth is coming out.

'Zayn, did anyone of you hit a glass bottle on mr.lucifer's head?'

He doesn't reply. I ask him once again.
He says after a long time - 'no'.

'I know you're lying! Just tell me. I have enough evidences.'
He still doesn't answer. 'Fine let me do it the other way.' I snap.
'Will you tell me the truth or not?' I say, dangerously. I know this method helps sometimes. He gulps hard. 'Did you?' I say , dangerously coming close. After threatening him for at least 5 minutes, he goes back and stumbles.

'Ya fine! We did!' He says gasping. 'We did and that's the end.'
'Who exactly is it?' I ask.
'But promise me you won't put my name'. Says Zayn.
'Yes, I do.'
'Ok, it was Louis'.
'You sure?' I ask.
'Ya' he says. 'He hit the bottle hard on lucifer's head, and then left in the car, cause he was pissed.'
I nod.
'How did you know though?' He asks.
'Well, I saw a bottle fallen on the ground and I was sure it could have either fallen down, when the argument was going on, or someone smashed it on him. And yes, I'm sure it's one of you because no one was willing to tell me that.' I conclude.

'That was because we didn't want another clue upon the fact that we killed him! It would make it worse!'

I agree. It's true. Many other confessions to make?
'Anything else, you wanna say to me?' I ask. 'Umm..no' he says. This again strikes me,but I let it out of my mind. I head along with him to the room. Niall comes running to us. 'Hey, Zayn you look fine , mate.' He says.

'Ya i am' he says. 'Well, from y/n's words, I thought I should start digging your grave!'

I laugh. Zayn says 'Oh shut it!'. Niall pulls aside and asks Zayn, 'what did she counter you?' I say out loud, 'I asked him if when did he see mr.Lucifer alive.'
Niall raises an eyebrow. Zayn rigorously nods 'ya ya'. Niall then shrugs and leaves.
Zayn gives me a thumbs up. I give him a thumbs down (my turn now).

With this, I see that it's already 6 pm. I get so exhausted and decide to close the case for today.

I signal Lisa and she signals every one. I decide to drop 1d in the lobby, and they all get in the car. 'I am tired' Harry says.
'What about a drink?' Louis asks. 'Y/n, wanna join?'
I politely refuse. 'I need to get back, and work on the case' i sigh.
'Thanks a lot for this help' Liam says.
'My pleasure.' I do a French bow and they all laugh.
'However if you want to get out the case soon, you need to confess EVERYTHING to me.' I say, emphasizing the fact carefully.

They all look at one another. I give Zayn an assured look. He sighs relief.

'We, we uh we ain't hiding anything.' Louis says, fake smiling.

'Well, Time will tell.' I say and give Harry a look. (I copied his dialogue).
'Ha, sure.'

I drop them and go to my room. I quickly change into some boxer shorts and a white tank top. I open up my P.C. and search for the cctv footage. Just as I'm about to open it, I get a call from Lisa. 'Yes?' I say.
'I told you I need to tell you something important'.
'Ya, I totally forgot. Why don't you come over?'
'Right, I'll be in 10. Also, I'll get David and Mayne along with me.'
'Why the hell would you freaking do that?' I squeal.
'Y/n they are part of the team.'
'But they annoy me!'
'Deal with it!'
'Fine I'll put cotton in my ears, so that I don't hear squeals and questions fir the rest of my life.'
'Uhh, you're so exaggerating!' She says.

The call gets cut. I quickly take out some cotton( for Lisa too) and wait for them on their bed.

— - — —- ————- —
An: thanks a lot for reading! Do vote and comment.
But more important news, soon shawn mendes is gonna enter the story! And yes, I don't wanna make things intensified in this story at all (imagine 1d actually reading it, it's gonna b so weird) so pls don't expect any mature scenes. However, there will be many sensitive and dramatic scenes further on!