CHAPTER 36: SOBS:

A/n: how u all?! Finally updated! Running out of ideas for author notes! So, that's all, enjoyy!!
————————- ——- ——-
NIALL POV:
'Ever heard of a hairline fracture, Adeline?'

Y/n's voice echoed through the room. All I could do is stare at her.

'Cause you're about to get one.'
That forms a lump in my throat. Did she just stand up for me?

I saw all my mates supporting me too (excluding harry), but y/n's seriously got a sass.
A sass which makes me feel she's Louis' sister.

'Oh yeah?!' Adeline's voice echoed. 'Really? You can barely walk.'

I am about to part my lips but then again, I see a smirk on y/n's lips.

'Scared? Are we?' She says, the smirk getting deeper.
'No way' Adeline mumbles.

'Then run away next week ok? Cause I'm just gonna be fine by then.'

Lisa stifles a laugh. And she shuts her mouth immediately. I realize that I can't take it myself. All eyes are on Lisa.
Then out of nowhere Harry comes up, and says 'you can't speak like that, y/n'

'So Adeline could speak like that to Niall?' Liam asks.

Harry keeps quiet, but I'm sure he will take his wrath off sometime.

'Ok folks!' Zayn attention captures me. But then I lose myself to y/n again. I can't believe she stood up for me. I don't realize why she would try to do that.

I mean, that wasn't even an insult to her?Right?
But man I must agree, she can shut anyone up, at any place, anytime.
And that forms a small smile unknowingly.
Looks like y/n's got an admirer.

'Nialler, got that?' Zayn suddenly asks me, and I nod quickly. 'Great then. Thought you ain't listening cause you looked out of the blue.'

'No, no I got that.' I say quickly, though I don't hear a single word.

ONLY Y/N WAS ECHOING THROUGH ME.

'catch mate!' I quickly spin around to see Louis throwing to me the car keys. But I almost miss it, when I see a shimmering hand catch that. 'There you go!' She says, smiling slightly.

'Thanks, y/n' I manage to mumble. 'Really? Are you really that out of mind?' She asks, a small smile curving onto her lips. I tear my gaze away from her, knowing I would fall if I look for too long.

'Ya, sorry. Lot happening in here.'

She just nods, and I see Louis moving up to me, while all of them move towards their respective seats.

'Don't worry mate, she's all yours.' He says, giggling, while I hit him on the ribs, causing him to whimper.

'Can you just tell me what I'm supposed to do?' I ask Louis before he turns away. 'Go to the car and reach the spot , with y/n.' He says, smirking.
I nod.

'What spot?' I hear her voice.
'Not so soon dear.' I chirp away.

I see her sighing and giving up.

We take the car quickly. Y/n remains silent all the way, and I suddenly speak up, as to what was on my mind from quite a long time.

'Y/n?' I ask, clearly hesitated if I should bring up the topic.

'Yeah?' She asks, struggling to get her seatbelt on. Her lips are slightly curved, in annoyance, and then I lean in effortlessly lean over her seatbelt.

And then I realize how close I am physically to her. I can feel her warm breath on me, and I realize my breath fastening. I look at her, and she and me have the same expression within us, amusement.