CHAPTER 26: WHAT NOW?

A/n: hey y'all! How u doing? Pls help me reach 500 views! I'm in 480 already! Do tag ppl n vote for me!!
N yes, from now on, v will b slightly drifting from the case to a dramatic element! Cause v need Niall now!! (Sry for the extra long chap) :)
—————————————-
YOUR POV:
'Goddamn get it!' I yell. I'm just sorry for being rude but I got this big big breakdown, an almost certain clue that I'll solve it now. And before every case ends, I get lots of sweat and anxiety. So the best way is to yell at others, right?

'Will you please calm down?' Lisa asks, rushing to the suspect list. 'No!' I yell, now even more with fury and frustration. 'No way I can do that!'

And then I see Mayne, sitting on the desk, just staring at something. I go wild.
Everyone is rushing to get something, something at least to contribute to the team, this whole place is a chaos, but her— just staring. And she expects credit.

'Mayne?' I ask, teeth gritting. She looks at me. But this time, I see something different-in her eyes. A sort of revenge, pious, and grudged look. She gives me a look that she's never given before. She gives a slow nod. She suddenly gets up, and comes to me. Near my face, such that I can feel her breath on me.

'All in time, my dear, all in time.'

I stare at her eyes. They now are grudging, violent and piercing. But before I can part my lips to say anything, Lisa comes up.

'All ok?' She asks.
I figure that I have been holding my breath until now, and slowly give a release. 'Ya, all ok.'
I look at Mayne. She smirks at one end and re-says my sentence.
'Ya, all ok.'

I donno why but this time, a tingling sensation engulfs my stomach. Big time. And for some reason, the smirk doesn't anger me. It gets me timid instead.

After so many years, y/n is scared.

Lisa jogs up to me. 'Seriously all ok right?'
I smile a little. 'I swear, all totally ok.'

That calms her down, and she winks.

I release my breath once again.

I decide to call up Zayn. I really don't want him telling everyone about Jessie. (I can trust him)
So I call him up.

'Hey' he says. There is a lot of hustle around him. After a pause I say 'Zayn, did you—'

He cuts me off saying 'no no not at all. I saved it for you.'
'Thanks!' I whisper, slightly relieving my muscles. I hear a chuckle from his end.

'So all of you come in some time so that I can discuss about this.'

A pause. A big one. 'Zayn?' I enquire.
'Ya ya all ok. I'll - uh - we'll be there.' He says, but I can sense something going on. Maybe I'm just a little too overwhelmed with things right now.

'Y/n?' It's his turn to question me now. I give a light laugh and say 'ok, be there. I'm waiting.'

He says a short bye and so do I.

Then I get on my business. I make a quick list of evidences as to why I think they're the culprit, and in the end, I'm proud.

Lisa and David are quite satisfied, but Mayne looks a little unhappy.

But I don't care.

Just then I get a call. 'I'll get it' Mayne says, getting up from her seat to reach out for the phone. I figures she wants to see whom I got a call from (my privacy!) and before I can say anything, she already grabs the phone.

'It's...uh..M22?'

I gasp. What the? Why is he calling? I rush to her and shove the phone, running outside to take the call. Whenever he calls, there's trouble.