CHAPTER 44: WHAT IS THE FINALITY?

A/n: if u cud relate this chap with one song, what would it be?
Also, enjoy this entire chap!
———————————————-
YOUR POV:
I see Mrs.Lucifer along with all the suspects. They curtly nod towards me, which I slyly return, and Mrs.Lucifer takes a strict glance towards the boys. Niall doesn't meet his eyes towards them, but Zayn and Louis do, and they hang their head down.

Harry smiles in sympathy at them, and Mrs.Lucifer takes her seat. That's when I take a deep breath. Like I do every time. And I look towards the judge, who starts his verdict.

'May the verdict begin.'

As always, there is pin drop silence, while mr.Henry assumes responsibility.

'Your honor, due to the events that occurred in the past 6 months, I put forth my condition to let the one direction boy band have some assured time under detective ms.y/n y/l/n.'

'Has she agreed for it?' Neil asks, and I realize that it's my turn to respond. Everyone looks at me expectantly, and I nod. 'Yes, your honor, I'm ready to pay any prize for it.'

Those words show a visible impact on the boys. Niall and Zayn look at me and widenshis eyes. Liam has his eyebrows deeply furrowed. Louis looks at me like I'm gone crazy, and is about to say something when Eleanor shuts him up. They whisper something to each other, after which she pauses and smiles at me, sending me a thumbs up, which I take gladly.

Harry gives me a look I've never seen before. He has his mouth parted slightly, and his jaw clenched. He's trying hard not to say something.

'Conditions for the surplus time please' the judge says in a formal tone, which makes my head turn towards him. My hands grip the railing tightly, when I see that the victim's side is glaring at me. I don't like stares.

'Your honor, tracing the events, from threatening of ms.y/n by an unknown, the media leaking their timings, the removal of y/n from the case, the hospitalization and many other incidents prove that there was no sufficient time, your honor. Hence, putting forth a request to extend any amount of reasonable time as per your order.'

Each memory floods in my veins, and it aches to see me so pathetic. But something then strikes me, which had never done before.

Getting attacked by Peter, Niall was there. When media was targeting them, Niall was there. When I was thrown out and almost died due to that spiked drink, Niall was still there. When I was hospitalized, Niall was with me.

Why is Niall with me everywhere? What I am I trying to prove by this? I feel giddy and nauseous as mr.Henry quotes everything in detail. I grip the railing harder, and I feel my breath hitching. What a hell have I been living in?

These thoughts flood me to something else, somewhere deep, where I don't even wanna go. Peter constantly floods me, and I get a big lump in my throat. I take heavy breaths, my lungs consuming the entire air. I shut my eyes, as one memory flies past me. The memory of jack being buried.
My hands clasp the railing as each memory flies past. I should have taken those meds before coming up here. Mr.Henry continues the events, when suddenly everything goes black, and an uncanny silence envelopes around me.
.............
'Peter! Please! Let him go!!' I scream as the freshwater swirled past me in waves. Under the moonlit night, was a shrill voice. 'Move!' He pushed me aside, partially drowning me in that water. I held his hand to stop him, but he chose to clasp my ankle.

'One more shot, and I swear, I'll bury you alive!! IS THAT CLEAR?!' He roared, making the life of me in the edge. I was appalled at his behavior. 'Peter! Please!' I beg him. I really do. If he buried jack deep within the ocean, his family couldn't even do his last rites. I squeeze my eyes tight, and do something that Diana would never do. I dig my nails deep into peters shoulders, so deep that my middle one cracks open, and he stenches in surprise. Then, I grab his leg and let him die down that water.