CHAPTER 45: CATCHING UP:

A/n: how ya all?! Long time no c! Accused stands #9 in mystery thriller fanfic section! Hats off to all of uuuuuuu (n me)
Thx a lot for being so patient, and go ahead to read!
——————- ————— —
NIALL POV:
Okay, I'm dreaming right? Am I? Please tell me I am.

Cause I'm not able to believe this. Did we just get 5 days? The grin across mine and the boys' is out of our face. I'm grinning like an idiot, looking at y/n and Lisa, while Eleanor and Louis are talking to each other about all the things in the world.

My gaze shifts to Zayn and Liam, who look like proud brothers watching their little sibling.
A sibling who can do anything.

I go to Harry, who's busy hugging Adeline, and he looks up to me. I mean, he's taller than her. Way way taller. His green eyes show me some affection, and I choose to pick them up. I don't care about the judge, the lawyers, the media or anything right now. All on my mind is pleasure. A daunting one.

Harry excuses himself as he strides towards me, and that's when I hug him. Hug him like there is no tomorrow. He hugs back. Looks like we're mates after all.

And just like always, the boys and me decide for the legendary 1d hug. But with a plot twist.
I drag y/n towards me, who staggers on her feet, clearly unable to understand what's going on. But when she sees a Circle, her warm wrist leaves mine, and she politely refuses.

'It's your hug, you all deserve it. I'm not gonna intrude.'
Louis says in a dramatic tone, 'y/n! Come on!'

'Louissss nooo' she says back, and we all laugh. After a long time.

He drags her anyway, and her hand is now around my shoulders, and the other on zayn's. My hand slide down to her waist, since her shoulders seem occupied by her elder brother. But she doesn't seem to mind.

'Smile!' Lisa says, flashing the camera at us, while we all pose for the hug. Her lights join in the media's flashes.
This is something I wanted always. A time where there is only happiness and bliss, with no pressures from anywhere. But we do have a major pressure coming up. The case.
And I'll do anything to get us out.

'Alright folks. Some legal adverts. So I'll be back in a minute.' Says lisa, joined by zayn's sister, dragging Adeline along with her.

'So? What's it? A celebration?' Louis asks, his teeth not going in.
'Why not?!' I jump around when I see zayn's serious expression.
'What's up mate?' I ask. 'You don't want to call for a —'

'We can still go to prison. I mean 5 days are too less.' That tone of his tells us that he's right.

My smile fades a little, but I'm bound to keep the enthusiasm going on. 'That's ok, we can celebrate once we're done.' I say cheerfully, bringing back that toothy grin of Louis.

'So, all in her hands?' Liam asks, pointing his brows towards y/n. 'All in hers.' I say. I wonder if i sometimes should tell them that she's Diana. She's got a sickening past and bruises in her self confidence. But then, maybe that's our little secret. My heart feels warm to share something with her. Something, which only me and her know. I smile once again, relishing that moment, until I see Harry moving to Adeline.

They both talk in hushed tones, after which he runs towards us and drags Zayn along to the corner. My curiosity engulfs me as they move to the corner, while me, Liam and Louis exchange unknown glances. Zayn is seen raising his eyebrows and then blinking and sighing. A moment, later, he goes to the beautiful. (I'm talking about y/n, folks.)

'Nope. No f***ing way.' Wow, if Zayn is swearing this harsh, then there's something wrong.
'Mate, what is it?' Liam asks Harry, who came back after creating friction. He takes a breath, while we can still hear y/n's and his arguments. 'Well, y/n and Addy need to pay for all the consequences.'