Chapter 28

News spread about what happened to Jess, and what happened with me, her, and Sin. Fallen started losing workers after that. Women were too afraid of Sin, who was still out there.

None of us know how long he's been trafficking women, and how many of us he's successfully sold on the black market.

Marcellius has increased the amount of men both in and around the building, and even offered to increase their paycheck. But even that wasn't enough to keep them around.

So because we were short on staff both with the dancers, bartenders, and waitresses, I was having to go back and forth between the three all night.

I was dressed in lingerie, but had a black bartending apron on, and a notepad and pen to take orders when needed. I was hot, a mess, and a hot mess.

I bent down to pick up the silverware I'm sure the men dressed in suits knocked off the table on purpose. I heard them snickering and checking me out.

I should stab each and every one of them with a fork, but know Marcellius would probably have my head if I upset one of his VIP clients.

I wasn't the only one these high ranking CEO's, Lawyers, and Entrepreneurs were harassing. A few other women have also fallen victim to their childish, perverted games.

Rolling my eyes, I set the silverware back down onto their table with a cheeky, forced smile.

"Sorry about that," the ring leader says with a shrug. There wasn't a single ounce of remorse in his lame ass apology. His friends are snickering, only making me angrier.

I turn around to see Niccolo standing behind me with an angry look on his face, his attention focused on someone behind me. "Touch her and I'll break it," Niccolo threatens.

Where did he just come from?

Twisting back around, I look at the scene before me. The ring leader has his hand out, inches from groping my ass. His hand is red, his fingers crushed Niccolo's grip.

His hand is released, the man yanking his hand back. His friends aren't laughing anymore. Their mouths are closed shut, terrified of Niccolo.

Niccolo doesn't back down, ready to send them back to their families in a box. Folding my hand over Niccolo's fist, I tug him away from the table. "I'm sorry gentlemen. If you'll excuse me."

Bringing Niccolo as far away from the table, I stop once I feel he won't lunge or shoot at them. "You have to stop doing that." I cross my arms over my chest. "I can handle them myself. I don't need you playing my knight and shining armor. I'm not some damsel in distress."

"It has nothing to do with that Autumn."

"Then what?"

He leans in, his lips brushing mine. My breath catches, wanting so badly to close the gap between us and kiss him.

"I don't want anyone touching what's mine, princess," he breathes out lowly, goosebumps rising on my arms.

This possessiveness of his is starting to grow on me. But at the same time, I have to be aware of how easily the switch can be flipped. And he has to understand that trying to kill everyone who pisses him off will do more harm than good.

"I won't let them. But you have to trust me."

"It's not you I don't trust." He glares daggers at the table of men feet away. "It's people like them."

"Don't worry about them. Especially when it's you I always come back to." I can feel his muscles relax at my words, the anxiety he's feeling beginning to fade.

Placing my palms on his chest, I push him back. "Now stop hovering over me like a little puppy. I have work to do." He reaches for my arm, but I step out of his reach.

"Watch yourself Autumn."

"Or what?" I challenge with a playful laugh. "What will you do?" Even though I had an idea, I was still curious to know what he would say.

"Stop playing games Autumn. You know very well what I'm capable of."

I raise a single brow, becoming even more curious than before, and aroused. I did know what he was capable of, which is why I liked messing with him.

Walking around him, I glide my hand down his bicep and bite my lip. "Meet me in the bathroom after my shift, and I'll show you what I'm capable of."

He raises his thick dark brows, curious to know what I have in store for him. Standing on the tips of my toes, I lick up the side of his face, before tugging at his earlobe with my teeth. I love the way he tenses up, and his breathing changes.

"But only if you can handle it," I finish, before walking away with an extra sway of my hips.

****

When my shift ended for the night, I passed by Sky on my way to the bathroom. She wasn't sneering or making some snobby remark like she usually is. Instead she locks eyes with me only for a second, before completely averting her gaze.

She shrinks into herself, looking smaller than normal. I probably scarred her for life that day, but I didn't care. At least now she knows that I'm not the bitch to be messed with, esepcially when it comes to mine.

I should've just kept walking and left her alone, but I couldn't resist the petty bitch in me. Walking up to her, I tap her shoulder. She blinks up at me, wide eyed.

"I thought you might want to know that I'll be in that bathroom with my man." I point to the women's bathroom behind me. "You know, just in case you want another first class show."

Flashing an innocent smile, I watch the way her mouth falls open in shock. "And if not," I continue, unable to stop myself from rubbing Niccolo in her face as she did me on a number of occasions. "There will be plenty of more opportunities."

Giving her cheek a couple semi-gentle slaps, a satisfied smile forms on my lips. I shouldn't have enjoyed absolutely destroying her as much as I did, but she deserved it after all the snide comments and bragging she's done since I started working here.

Leaving her to stand like a lump on a log, I make my way towards the bathroom and slip inside.

Stripping out of the apron and lingerie, I decide to leave on the stockings and heels. The door creaks open and Niccolo walks in. He eyes my body, heat pooling between my thighs at his heavy, lustful gaze.

"Are you just going to keep drooling over me, or are you going to come do what Ethan couldn't?"

He smirks at that. "Only if you're ready to crawl out of here."

"I've been ready."