Chapter 15: Revival

{so- i just re-read this book from the start and i noticed that i forgot 'bout the prophecy- y'know the crystal fae prophecy from chapter 6? yeah- so this is just gonna be a chapter to a) bring back the prophecy and b) introduce the villain arc, enjoy!}

-midnight, narrator's POV, Duke is about to revive V-

"Brother! What are you doing?" Prince asked as he ran over to Duke , who was in the middle of a huge field. "I'm bringing V back." Duke replied, his voice somewhat monotonous. "Uh why? you know that messing with life and death is dangerous, plus they might've changed! like Alivebur!"  " Really? why would they have changed? they've literally been dead for only two weeks, i'm sure nothing bad will happen." Prince sighed, "ok but still why are you bringing them back?"  Duke replied  with "the prophecy needs fulfilling- they're meant to rule the fae realm, and i miss them"   "ok but how will you revive them?"   "revival spell."   "are you sure it'll work?" 

-Meanwhile with V , in the afterlife or whatever narrator's POV-

V was not ok. The afterlife was literally hell. Apparently that was the only option for dead people- well, the remnants of their alive selves- like their spirit or main part of their personality while they were alive stays on earth as a ghost, while the rest goes to the realm of the afterlife. "I hate this! Being dead sucks!" V shouted into the void angrily.

"I can agree with you on that one kid, how'd you even die, if you don't mind me asking?" a new voice asked. "Oh- uh- one of my friends threw me into a lake, knowing that i couldn't swim, and laughed as i drowned-" V replied nonchalantly. "That sucks, wait- your friend pushed you in and laughed as you died?" the voice questioned. "yep." V replied slightly annoyed. "and no one came to help you? even if they were around?" the voice said questioningly. "Uh- yeah?"  V replied with a slight question in their voice. "And you screamed?" the voice asked. "yes-" V replied again. "and no one came- they aren't your friends, they didn't save you when you were about to die. friends don't just leave you to die." the voice said. "you're right. but what can i do? i'm stuck here forever." V replied aloof.

"well, you're not stuck here forever- someone might try to revive you-" the voice responded. "ok, so if i get revived what should i do with my 'friends' who left me to die?" V asked the voice. "Kill them. simple as that. get rid of them- you're fading, you're getting revived, good luck!" the voice said to V. "ok, thanks for the advice!" V replied as they got revived and faded from the afterlife. {wow- that was a long chapter, uh looks like the villain arc is starting soon- this shall be exciting, hope y'all enjoyed, good byeee!}