The Beginning of the End

Five stands over her, assuming she's now unconscious.

"You're remarkably weak, Mallory," he spits. "You usually give a good fight. What happened? I suppose spying on my family is pretty tiring-"

Without warning, she shoots up and stabs Five in his foot, making him bellow. He disappears and is suddenly by Ben's statue, but Mallory is too quick. She swiftly stands on her feet and strikes him in the jaw. She doesn't pause for him to compose himself as she throws another punch directly in his nose. Mallory hears a satisfying crack and takes a deep breath of the spring air.

"I presume you're the weak one, Hargreeves."

Five unexpectedly throws himself on top of her, reaching for the knife.

"We want a fair game, don't we?" he grunts.

She aims the point to Five's stomach, giving him a menacing look. He dismisses it and roughly pushes her into the brick building. Mallory refuses to acknowledge the twinge in her upper back. He veers closer to her and she holds her stance, shaking slightly. Five notices and shakes his head as he chuckles.

"Aw! Is little Mallory scared?" he taunts.

Mallory spits in his face and his sick smile falters. Exasperated, Five pins her hands above her head as he snatches the knife, trapping her with his body. She feels the blade lightly travel against her skin and breaks into a cold sweat.

"What should I do with you?" he whispers in her ear mercilessly.