1.

I wake up to the sun shining through my window. I groan as I think about having to get out of bed today. I think back to last nights party at Sarah's. I drank too much, mostly to ignore all the Pogue and Kook fights going on outside.

Us Pogues don't normally belong at parties with the Kooks, especially at the Cameron's, but since John B and Sarah are in a relationship, we are considered "acceptable" to attend the parties. With a group of six, we are able to have a good time, even when everybody around us cannot stand to see our faces.

"Cassie! You awake?" Kie yells from outside my room.

"I am now." I yell back and she opens the door.

Kie and I have been staying at my place for a month or so, her parents kicked her out and mine left years ago. Kie and I are in the same situation, our Kook mothers slept with our Pogue fathers and they expect us to act like spoiled rich brats, when we grew up around John B, Pope and JJ our entire lives. We are Pogues at heart.

"Get up, we have shit to do today." Kie says sitting her body down on the end of my bed.

"How are you this energetic, did you not drink last night?" I groan again. I roll over on my side to cuddle into my pillow.

"Not as much as you. You were even getting along with the Kooks last night." Kie laughed.

"Some Kooks are alright when I'm drunk." I shrug.

"Even Rafe..." Kie smirks.

I roll my eyes in disgust. Rafe and I are always fighting. He have always hated me and I have felt the same since Sarah became our friend. It's more than Kooks hating Pogues and Pogues hating Kooks, it's a more complicated relationship we have.

I will admit that I think Rafe is hot as fuck, but only to myself. Nobody needs to know that, especially him. That is something he would torture the life out of me for and I don't need that.

"Screw Rafe." I huff.

"We know you want to, now get up, I'll start breakfast." Kie said and left the room with cheer.

The gang have a belief that Rafe and I have some sort of obvious sexual tension but I have no idea how they see that. I blame it on their high ass brains.

The smell of bacon cooking motivates me to slide out of bed and quickly take a shower to wash the smell of split alcohol off me.

"What are we doing today?" I ask Kie when I enter the kitchen.

"The boys are gone on boat, then we are hanging out at Sarah's I think." Kie replied and I nodded.

I don't mind hanging out at the Cameron's, I prefer it more than nobody is home besides us or even wheezie. When Rafe and his friends are around, it's like being in hell. Rafe is super cocky and always complaining, but deep down I feel sorry for him. He was always jealous that Ward loved Sarah more than him, and his coke addiction does not help his attitude.

"Let's eat and head over there." I say and we scoff down our food.

Kie is my best friend. We have so much in common and we are always looking out for each other. We choose each other over everyone and that will never change. We are sisters at heart.

***

We pull up to the Cameron's and hop out of Twinkie, John B's van. JJ shuts the door behind me and wraps his arm around my shoulders. JJ and I have always been close. We may or may not have had a couple romantic moments but nothing ever continued with it, and that's probably for the best. Our lives are complicated enough.