24.

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache, but still manage to have a smile on my face. Rafe is still asleep, I can hear his faint snores behind me. I can't believe he said he loved me.

I'm not going to mention anything about it because he thought I was asleep when he said it. If he's not ready to say it to me yet that's fine, as long as I know he feels that way.

When Rafe wakes up and we both get dressed, we decide to go downstairs because we hear chattering. I throw on one of Rafe's hoodies and follow him down the stairs. I hear JJ laugh and I realize they must have stayed the night.

"Finally, good morning." Sarah says.

"Good morning." I say. Rafe sits on the single sofa and I sit on his lap. Everybody else sits around on the other couches, Kie straight across from us.

Looking at her makes me feel so uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of her and Rafe being alone anymore, even though I trust them both.

"I'm about to make some breakfast, you guys hungry?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"What would you guys like?"

"Pancakes. Chocolate chip." Rafe says and I give him a grin.

"Rafe thats your job." Sarah whines.

Rafe rolls his eyes and Sarah giggles.

"Come on Rafe, you make the best pancakes." I tease and he grins.

"Fine." He says. I stand up to let him get up and go to the kitchen. I sit back down and curl up to get more comfortable. Everybody is just chatting amongst themselves, but I sit there and stare at Kie. I want to ask her about the situation but first I want to find out if anybody else knows  about this.

Pope notices my constant stare toward Kie and looks at me with narrowed eyes. Pope is always trying to figure out what everyone is thinking at all times. He analyzes every single one of us and that's why he knows us so well. Pope and I are now holding the stare, which causes the rest to become quiet and confused.

"I'm going to get some juice." Kie says, getting off the couch and walking toward the kitchen. Where Rafe is. Alone.

I shake my head, hoping all the negative thoughts would fly out of my ears but it doesn't work.

I sit there quietly, drowning out the noise from the group, trying to calculate in my head how long it should take Kie to get a glass of juice and come back to the living room. By now she should at least have the glassed filled and a couple sips gone. But she's still not back.

What if they're talking? It's a good possibility, they are allowed to speak. What if they're kissing? No. What if they're fucking? NO. Kie wouldn't do that to me, neither would Rafe. Or would they? No.

I physically smack my hand against my forehead.

"Cass, you okay?" John B asks.

"Um yeah. I'm going to get a drink, want anything?" I ask.

"No thanks. We will get something when the food is ready."

"Okay." I nod. I push myself off the couch and walk slowly to the kitchen. I want to try and hear them speak, if they even are talking.

"Remember when you used to make me pancakes?" Kie says. My heart stings a little but I try to ignore it.

"Yeah." Rafe says. I peep my head around the wall and see both of them standing back on from me, Kie leaning against the counter and Rafe flipping some pancakes over the stove. She stands close to him, too close for my liking. I see her head move, looking up and down his body. She then moves her arm, about to touch his but I step in.

"Hey guys." I say and Kie slaps her hand down against her leg.

"Hey Cass." She smiles awkwardly. I roll my eyes when I take the juice out of the fridge.

"What're you guys doing?" I ask.

"Just talking." Kie shrugs.

Rafe turns around and gives me a smile. He knows exactly what I'm feeling right now, I can tell by the look on his face.

"Food is almost ready, why don't you go tell everyone Kie." Rafe says and she nods. We stare at each other until she leaves the room.

Rafe starts chuckling and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's funny?" I ask.

"You're so jealous right now." He says.

"I'm not." I say crossing my arms.

"Yes you are." He says.

"Well it's not fair. Why did you have to fuck my best friend, I can't even look at her the same anymore. She's been stuck up your ass for the last couple of days and it's making me paranoid. She was just about to rub your arm before I came in."

"You're spying now are you huh?" He says.

"No Rafe." I huff.

"It's fine Cass. Kie can try what she wants with me but nothing is going to work." He says.

"I don't want her to try anything. She's like my sister, she's not supposed to do that." I sigh.

"Baby, relax." Rafe says, now standing tall in front of me. He leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead. I smile a little and look up to meet his eyes.

"You're the only person I think about alright?" He says and I nod.

"Alright." I whisper and he gently pulls my chin up again so he can lean down to give me a proper kiss, long and sweet.

"Ew guys." JJ says and we pull away from each other. I notice the jealous or disgusted look that Kie has on her face and it makes my blood boil. Is she actually trying to get to Rafe, or have feelings for him again?

I sit down next to Pope while Rafe brings the last plate of food over to the table, then he sits beside me. Kie sits straight across from him.

I huff and reach my fork out to stab a pancake.

"Everything smells good Rafe." Pope says, but gets no response from Rafe.

I stuff my mouth up with the fluffy, chocolate filled pancake and instantly feel better. Rafe is such a good cook and it makes me feel so good that he used to make these pancakes for me when I stayed over.

"Rafe these are so good." Kie says and my eyes immediately dart in her direction. "I can't believe I've never had these before, you need to start cooking breakfast at our place."

I try my best to keep my mouth shut. Didn't she just say like five minutes ago that Rafe used to make her these all the time?

Rafe just nods his head, not even looking up at Kie. At least he's not giving her the attention she apparently now wants.

I pull my chair out from the table and walk out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Rafe asks.

"Bathroom." I lie.

I flop my body down on the couch and sigh. How did life get so much difficult just over night. Why of all people is my best friend flirting with Rafe like I'm not even in the room.

"Cassie?" Pope says, entering the living room. I sit up on the couch to catch his attention. "What's going on?"

"Sit down. I need to ask you something." I sigh. Pope is definitely the best person to ask about this, he would never lie to me.

"What is it?" He asks, sitting beside me.

"Do you know anything about Rafe and Kie? Like how they used to hook up?" I ask. I expect the answer to be no, because I don't think they would be able to keep that secret from me, especially JJ.

"Yeah." He replies. "We all know."