9.

I've spent the last two days in my room, without seeing anybody besides Kie. I told Kie to tell everyone that I was just sick and didn't want anybody to come around and catch it. There were a few times I heard knocks on my door but I kept it locked.

"Cass." Kie says, knocking lightly on the door.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Sarah invited us to go golfing." She says.

"I don't want to go." I groan.

"I'm coming in." She says and I sit up.

"Cass, you haven't left the house in two days, you need to come with us." Kie begs.

"I don't need to do anything." I say.

"Yes you do, you can't let Rafe get to you. You fight all the time, shouldn't you be used to this by now?"

"This time was different Kie." I sigh.

"Cass please just come. We don't have to golf with Rafe." She says.

I sit there for a moment and think about it. I really do need to get out, I don't want my friends to worry about me, the longer I stay in here the more suspicious they will get.

"Fine, I'll come." I huff and Kie claps her hands.

"Okay get ready now because we leave in an hour."

I rip my bedsheets off and head straight to the shower. While the water gets hot, I look at myself in the mirror. The hickeys are finally faded and the rope burn is mostly gone. Thinking back on those two nights make me want to hop on my bike and head right to his bedroom, but I know that won't make anything better.

I get dressed in shorts and a tank top and pin my hair back in a braid.

"Ready? John B is outside."

"Yup." I sigh and follow Kie out the door.

"There's our girl!" JJ shouts from the van. We climb and he shuts it behind us.

"How are you?" Sarah asks.

"I'm better." I smile.

"I can't believe we are going golfing, at the country club. This is not what pogues do." JJ says.

"I do pogue things, you can do kook things." Sarah says.

I love golfing. I used to golf back when my parents were still here. They lived a more kook lifestyle, so I was raised doing kook things and hanging out at the country club every evening. I didn't like it, but I didn't have much choice back then. My parents couldn't handle me being a pogue, even though my dad was one.

We arrive at the country club and I feel sick. I don't know if Rafe is going to be here, but he most likely will be.

We got our clubs and strolled down to the course. There were small groups of people scattered around but so far I haven't laid eyes on Rafe.

We golf for about a half hour, it brought back some pretty good memories. It really makes me think about my parents. I can't believe they just left, without even telling me they were going until they got to their new place. We haven't talked in almost two years now.

"Hey Rafe!" Sarah calls out and my head shoots in his direction. He's standing with a club in his hand, girls standing around him. He looks right at me and I can't force myself to look away.

"Hey, let's go over here now." Kie says, grabbing my arm and walking in the opposite direction.

"That right there is what pisses me off so much." I sigh.