Chapter 9

Nezha sat silently while she listened to her father explained to her what Ao Bing truly was. Nezha got angry when he said that Ao Bing was a threat to her and she stood up. " I don't care what Ao Bing is! He would never hurt me! You guys don't even know him!" Nezha said. " Nezha, you have to listen to me..." Her father tried to reason but she was too upset to listen.

" No! I don't want to hear it! Ao Bing is the only person that makes me happy, so why do you want to take him away from me?! Don't you...you...." Nezha's father looked at her confused when she stopped and then he panicked when she collapsed.

Meanwhile, Ao Bing, looked down in shame after he told his father Nezha's name. When chuckled and looked at Ao Bing smirking. " Apprentice, it sounds like you've met the demon pill." Ao Bing's eyes widened at this. " Oh no." Unlike Nezha, Ao Bing knew about the spirit pearl and the demon pill for he was born with the spirit pearl and a dragon at that.

" Nezha is your sworn rival," Shen said and Ao Bing gasped. " We've waited 16 whole years. On the day of reckoning occurs, the demon pill will begin a ma-ma-massacre! And then you will rescue Chentang Pass, and claim your birthright as the spirit pearl." Ao Bing looked away and thought about something.

" Master, might she be grant redemption?" So Bing asked him. " No! She can't! Like I just said before, she's the demon pill! Once the reckoning comes, she will forget everything about your relationship with each other!" Shen said. " But I've known Nezha for some time now. She isn't like that!" Ao Bings master got angrier at this. " Fool! Why do you keep d-d-defending that girl?! She is your sworn e-enemy!"

" It's Because I Love Her!"

Shen and Ao Bings father's eyes widened at this. " Y-You what?!" Ao Bing looked down. " Master, Father, I love Nezha. I've felt this way about her for a while now. I-I can't just turn around and forget that everything between us happened! So, I want to ask you again, might she be grant redemption?" Ao Bing looked at them with eyes full of hope.

Shen was going to say something else until Ao Bing's father spoke up. " In the times of antiquity, we dragons were all-powerful beings, revered and worshipped. On behalf of heaven we fought monsters, subduing them in the ocean we earned the title dragon kings." His father said.

" Do you understand what this place really is?" Ao Bing answered, " Our palace, right?" He was hoping that he was right but he was wrong. " Beneath this magma of this volcano are the countless creatures we defeated those many years ago at the request of the supreme lord." Ao Bing looked down with his eyes widened in shock.

" Dragon palace?! Haha, it is much our prison as it is theirs. If we were to leave this place, the monsters would break free of their imprisonment and escape. Do you see now, son? They tricked us into doing their dirty work for them. After all, what were we to heaven other than just monsters to be locked away. The title king they gave us, it's laughable. I am nothing more than another prisoner in this pit. We sealed our fate the moment we took them at their word. So my boy, for the past millennium the spirit pearl has been our only hope for freedom."

" In one year's time, I'll be able to completely remove the horns on your head. And hide your identity as a dragon. If you're victorious on the day of reckoning, then! And only then, will you win a place in heaven. And be able to break the dragons free of this underwater purgatory." Shen said. " Our fate rests entirely on your shoulders. Don't let yourself be fooled by the illusion of love." Ao Bing's father said and with that, Ao Bing submitted to him.

After Nezha regained consciousness, she looked around to check her surroundings. Once she remembered what happened before, she was about to leave to go see Ao Bing until her parents came in along with Taiyi. " Nezha! You're awake!" Her mom hugged her. " Are you feeling alright?" Li Jing asked her.

" Yeah. I feel fine." He smiled at her. " That's good. I was worried that you were sick because of how much you were sweating and you were struggling with breathing as well." He said. Nezha looked at him confused. " Wait, how long was I asleep?"

" You slept for a week," Taiyi said. Nezha's eyes widened at this. " A week?!" All of the people in her room nodded and she looked down shocked. ' I wonder why. And, Ao Bing! How is he?!' Nezha looked up and smiled at them. " Well, I'm glad that I'm awake and better now." She said. Her parents smiled at her and they decided to let her rest.

A few hours later, Nezha then got up and headed to the beach where she met Ao Bing. She blew into the horn he gave to her and started to worry when he didn't come and soon she jumped when she heard a voice from behind her.

" What do you want?" Ao Bing questioned her. Nezha sighed in relief and hugged him. " I thought that you wouldn't come. I am so sorry that I was gone for so long Ao Bing. I was having a little fight with my dad and then the next thing I know, I was in my room! They said that I was sick when I was unconscious, but it's all good now. We can be together now!" Nezha said smiling at him. Ao Bing pushed her away and looked away from her. Nezha was shocked at this. " A-Ao Bing? What's going on? Why'd you push me away like that?" Ao Bing bit his lip and tightened his fists.

" We can't be together Nezha."

Nezha gasped and took a step towards him. " Y-You're just joking, right? This is all just a big joke." Ao Bing glared at her and tears welled up in her eyes. " I-I...Ao Bing, what happened?! We were just happy together a week ago! Is it because I wasn't here?! Is that it?! I'll make it better Ao Bing!" " It's not because of any of those reasons, Nezha!" Nezha got angry and fire started to surround her. " Then what is it, Ao Bing?! Did you meet someone else?! Did you get bored of me?! What is it?! What!"

" It's because I don't love you anymore!"

Nezha's fire went away and her eyes widened at this. " Yo-You...You what?" Ao Bing looked straight at her. " I said that I don't love you anymore. We're not right for each other. We should have never met." Nezha backed away from him with tears falling down her cheeks. It hurt Ao Bing more than anything to say something like that. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from crying.

" I-I...I don't believe you. After all, we've been through, you...you just..." Ao Bing looked away when Nezha started crying even more. " I trusted you! You were the only person I could find peace with!" Nezha yelled at him. " I hate you! I never want to see you again!" Nezha said running away. Ao Bing reached his hand out to her with tears welling up in his eyes. " Ne-Nezha I..." He muttered and then he started crying as well.

" I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry, Nezha." He apologized while wiping his tears. His master came out of nowhere and put his hand on Ao Bing's shoulder. " you did the right thing." He said. Ao Bing nodded and wiped his face. Nezha ran home ignoring everyone and sobbed in her bed. " Nezha, what's wrong?! Where were you?!" Her mother questioned. " J-Just go please! I want to be alone!" Her mother was going to say something else until her father stopped her and they let her be.

" The boy she was with, that's probably why she's upset." Li Jing said. Her mothers' eyes widened. " His parents probably gave him the same conversation you gave to Nezha," Taiyi said. Li Jing nodded and he put his hand on Lady Yin's shoulder. " When Nezha starts to feel better, let's put on a party for her birthday. I'll get all of the villagers to go." Lady Yin looked at him shocked. " But they don't trust Nezha! Will they even come at all?" She questioned him. He stopped at this. " When you have been fighting for as long as I have, many people owe you many things. I'll get them to the party." Li Jing said and with that, he left.

To be continued...

This kind of hurt to write. I don't like writing sad chapters!