Chapter 15

Ao Bing and Nezha's eyes widened in horror as they watched the sky darken and loud thunder was heard from miles away. " I guess it's time.." Nezha stated sadly. Ao Bing looked at her with wide eyes. " No...No! I won't let it end this way!" He said. " Ao Bing, it has to." Nezha said with a stray tear rolling down her cheek.

Ao Bing started to cry. " Damnit! You did nothing to deserve this! Damnit! DAMNIT!!" Ao Bing cursed as he punched the ground in rage. The impact made the twins cry and Nezha calmed them down. " Ao Bing.." Nezha said crying silently. Ao Bing went over to her and hugged her, " I can't lose you again. I can't. I need you! They need you, Nezha!" Nezha started to sob when Ao Bing mentioned their children.

" Don't you think I know that?! If there was a way for me to avoid this then I would, Ao Bing!" Nezha yelled. " Then let's find a way, Nezha! We can find a way together and-.."

" THERE IS NO OTHER WAY"

Ao Bing looked at her with a shocked and sad face. Nezha calmed down and looked at the ground hopelessly. " There's no other way Ao Bing. Not without anyone else dying in the process." Nezha said. Nezha placed her hand on Ao Bings cheek and he looked at her. " I'm glad that I get to die knowing that you never stopped loving me.." Nezha said with a sad smile. The two kissed and pulled away not too long after placing their foreheads together.

" I love you. I'll never love anyone as much as I love you." Ao Bing stated. Nezha chuckled, " Not even our kids?" She questioned. " Oh yeah, no I'll love them a little more." He said. Nezha laughed a little and smiled at her sons. " Yeah, me too." She said.

Nezha looked away for a bit and then she looked at Ao Bing with tears rolling down her cheeks, " I want to talk to my parents..before it all ends." She said. Ao Bing understood and they went to where her parents were.

" Nezha!" " Nezha! Are you alright?!" Her parents said as they ran to her. Ao Bing took a step in front of her just in case she didn't feel comfortable but Nezha placed her hand on his shoulder and assured him that it was okay. " Hi Mom. Hey Dad." She said with a sad voice. " Nezha, it's going to be alright. I've already dealt with this so you can just-.." Before Nezha's father could finish talking, Nezha made her silk tie itself around her parents and they looked at her shocked.

" Nezha? Nezha, what are you doing?" Her mother question. " Nezha! Release us now before it's too late!" Her father stated. She just looked at her parents with eyes full of sorrow and they looked the same. She took out the seal that made the lightening switch who it was going to hit and her father gasped as she ripped it to pieces. " I'm sorry guys," she started, " but this is my fight." Tears welled up in her mother's eyes and this made Nezha's heart hurt even more.

" I mean, it was fun while it lasted!" She said while smiling. " I got to spend lot of mother-daughter time with mom. And the pranks were good." She said while laughing a bit. Her parents chuckled sadly, " you could never stay out of trouble." Her mother said. Nezha laughed a little more and sighed. " But my last regret.." She looked over to her dad, " I never got to spend enough time with you dad." She said.

Nezha's parents started crying once she said that. " Don't cry! It's my birthday, remember!" She yelled pointing at them, but she couldn't prevent herself from stopping so she turned away and let out a few tears. Ao Bing came to her side and held her as she sobbed. This made her parents cry harder. The thunder roared in the sky and Nezha squeezed Ao Bing's arm in fear. He held her cheek and look into her eyes, " Don't be afraid. I'm right here with you," he said as he kissed her,

" Until the very end."

Their children looked up in wonder as their parents ascended up to the sky and Nezha's parents screamed her name as she got higher and higher gradually getting closer to the clouds.