Chapter Four: Attention and Intentions

There's two things I've gained today, so far. A sudden boyfriend, and a cracked phone. I rolled my eyes as I put my phone inside the pocket of my hoodie. Frowning at how lucky I am for the things I've gained. Having a boyfriend was worse but having a cracked phone worsened my day.

Yes, I am still in this classroom, waiting for our math teacher, finish off his 'introduction to high-school math'. Trust me, we've probably memorized old Mr. Nam's slide shows because he practically shows us the same PPT every single year!

My brain was totally off sailing through the clouds and not at his math antics. I sighed and slouched myself on my seat. As I slouched, I caught a glimpse of that darned President carefully listening and taking down notes just like what a good student should do. I'm not saying I'm a bad one! I mean, who the heck would want to remember all the algebraic rules.

Math is a great subject! Not until, the alphabets joined the party!

"Miss Kim Jisoo?" Old Professor Nam called me.

"Huh- Wha-" I cleared my throat and stood up not knowing why.

"Miss Kim Jisoo, how do you solve for the circle's area?" He asked me and fixed his round glasses he had like Harry Potter.

I gulped and chuckled nervously. "I- I- Uh..." I scratched my head.

"Come on Miss Kim. Those math facts were discussed when you were a sixth grader. 3 years have only passed how could you forget about it?" He tapped his shoe. Professor sighed, "Miss Chou Tzuyu."

Tzuyu stood from her seat confidently. "The formula to find the circle's area is pi times radius, raised to the second power. Or...pi, r, squared." She answered and looked at me emotionlessly.

"I hope you keep that in mind, Miss Kim Jisoo."

I sighed and plopped down in disappointment. Even though studying was definitely not my thing, I still realized that school wasn't about learning anymore, it's a competition of who's got the highest grades. Who's got the most medals, awards, titles...etc.

And I didn't feel like I needed getting those awards. It wasn't because I wasn't competent enough, but because awards will all be forgotten. 'Rich coming from the girl who doesn't receive any awards.' I snickered at myself.

But then, my smile faded when I suddenly remembered my problems in life. I slouched my back and laid my head down.

***

After Math Class, the best subject of all time was next! It was recess! Students ran out of the classrooms and raced to the best tables. The best tables were tables in the middle of the cafeteria not by the corners near the trash cans. Though I didn't care where I sat.

"Ooh~ There goes the president's girlfriend!" Somebody cooed from behind. I knew they were referring to me.