Chapter Five: Imperfect Perfect

I watched the President kneeling on the floor, still. I lied. I lied to everybody. That for the past 3 years of middle school, I've never felt anything for him. That for three years in middle school I've punished myself with denying my feelings and, perhaps, him dating that perfect, smart, pretty, Tzuyu. Just...damn.

That kiss Last Friday Night wasn't just because of the alcohol. I still remember how I pulled him to kiss me to fulfill my 3-year shattered heart. But now, I shattered his. "T-Taehyung..." I approached him.

"Don't..." He sighed and caressed his forehead. "I should not have come that party." Taehyung muttered. He stood up went to the long table in the office. He aligned the papers nearby. I just stood by the corner watching him sadly. "Don't think about apologizing." Taehyung said coldly without looking at me.

"You'll get back with her." Even if it hurts. "And I'll help you with it." Even if I wanted you to love me back. I smiled a little. He just continued to keep things around the office. "I promise..."

"You better." He then looked at me, "That's the only reason I made you my fake-girlfriend in the first place. Nothing special, Miss Kim." Taehyung started ignoring me afterwards.

I just smiled bitterly one last time and left the student council's office. I put my hands inside my jacket's pockets and walked slowly at the empty hallways. You might've wondered, why did I, the wildest and boldest party thrower in the history of Saebom High ever resist in throwing the words, 'I like you', at the Sutdent Council President?

Simple answer to that simple question. Admitting my feelings to him would be the biggest joke of the year! Me for him? Me who'd have the audacity to like a smart, handsome, charming, and perfect, Kim Taehyung? I don't deserve his perfection, and he doesn't deserve someone so imperfect. From grades to my own personal lifestyle.

That is why, I want him to find someone more suited for him. And Chou Tzuyu is the perfect damsel for him. They're so much alike and they're just perfect for each other. Until my imperfectness broke their perfection. Voila!

***

And finally, I'm back home. I immediately brought my tired soul and body to my bed. Then brought out my cracked phone off my pocket. If only he didn't surprise with the sudden announcement he made, my phone could've still been safe and sound. I boringly turned on my phone without any expectations for it to turn on.

But it did turn on! "OMG!" I screamed and bowed my head. "THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE OKAY!" I said out loud and kissed it multiple times.

"What's going on!?" Jennie rushed to my room with a panicked voice.

"MY PHONE'S WORKING!" I exclaimed happily.

She sighed in relief. "Congratulations on that, but next time, don't scream as if someone's trying to murder you!" She berated sarcastically and went back to her room.

"Yes ma'am~" I cooed and waited for my phone to start. But then again, the cracked part still disappointed me. After that, dozens of notifications popped up. My phone was literally producing that 'ting' sound every second! "Woah!" I said.

I sighed as I opened my Instagram account. And I just gained followers. I didn't know if this was because of my party last Friday night, or if it's just because that I'm Kim Taehyung's so-called girlfriend.

jiss-sooo
80 posts   650 followers   20 following

My notifications were also booming up! It's either a new follower or just random people tagging me in posts. I've read a few of the posts I'm tagged in.