Chapter Six: New Boy in Town

(Please Play the Music)

"From the top! Make it drop! That's a WAP!" I heard Jennie singing from the kitchen. Ah, yes. It was another day, yet for school. I grimaced and stood up. I was about to scold Jennie for waking me up with her morning lullaby, but I did see the good effects of having her singing loudly. Like at how I'm 30 minutes early before my alarm clock would scream at me.

"Thank you for WAP-ing at 5am in the morning." I cooed and yawned as I appeared before my best friend who was cooking pancakes.

"Your welcome, Kim Jisoo." She said sarcastically. "Oh, and by the way, did you go home all by yourself?" Jennie asked me worriedly. "You should've just waited for me instead going home all by yourself!" Jennie berated at me as she flipped the pancakes. "Could you get me the maple syrup?" She said calmly for awhile, "I told you-"

"I got home with some company. Jinyoung. You know, my neighbor when I was little. Okay, mom?" I joked. "And besides, we would've got home by midnight if I waited for you. You move like a whole-ass turtle!"

"Yeah...a little true but- I...just don't trust that guy. He's like one of those gothic, gangsters in black clothes who kidnaps kids and sells their organs or whatever!"

"Sense of style doesn't define the person." I exclaimed. "And for your information Min Yoongi wears black all the time 24/7 and yet I didn't protest a but when you dated." I munched the pancakes she served.

Jennie sighed. "Yeah~ You're right." She turned her back to cook then suddenly, she faced me again with that naughty little grin. "Are you and Jinyoung like...like..a thing? Like...you're dating behind everyone's back or something-"

"Oh my god! No! No way in hell you moron!" I wanted to hit her with the pan she was using to cook pancakes. "And Jinyoung's soooo far from my type, Jen!" I scoffed. "Your theories are unbelievable!"

"Oh yeah? What's your boy type then? We've been friend for 4 years and I still haven't heard the answer to that question." Jennie served the last batch of pancakes. "I'm waiting, Chu."

"Well, you know. Someone with great hair and style, and you know smart, and....I don't know." I shrugged. "Someone casual and a cliche-romantic." I just said. "No one in my mind who'd fit that place." I lied.

"Ahaha...I got loads of Saebom High Boys that I thought might fit but I wouldn't tell you because you might throw a fit at me, right now." She chuckled slightly. "But even if you do have a itty-bitty crush, don't resist to tell me even if we have the same crushes, I wouldn't mind." Jennie smiled as she shoved a large piece of pancake in her mouth.

"I will IF I have someone in mind." I clarified and highlighted the word, 'IF'.

***

After that bountiful breakfast that my best friend generously prepared, we headed off to school. Of course, having the slightest bit of apprehension and shame at the scandal our seniors caused yesterday. But right now, I'm shameless and fearless. I entered the school halls and saw the students reading the posters plastered everywhere.

It's just been the first week of this year, but an event was already in line. As I have expected, it was the Openind of Intramurals 2021! Students are probably speculating such subjects for this event like Muses, Escorts, Varsities, Cheerleading, Food Booths, Fun-Booths, and the suspension of classes.

It was in two weeks. Enough time for the Student Council members to arrange the event. And also, enough for each batches and classes to pick their prettiest and handsomest students for the muse and escort positions and also for the varsities to practice sport related contests.