(11) Battle boosters

••●══════••●۩۞۩●••══════●••

The next morning I got a message sent to my communicator to round up Skye and Ryan for testing. Which I was glad to do seeing as I needed to tell someone about all the stuff that happened with Ryan, even if it made me feel childish and girly. I anxiously stood outside of Skye's room. After a few taps to no response I gave up.

A tap on my arm caused me to jump, "I heard Skye and Carter hung in his room last night."

"Joel, do that again and you'll lose your finger."

"Sorry," he said, holding his hands up in defense.

"Spill," I said, beginning to walk towards the med bay.

"Kelsey said she was headed back to her room when she saw them go in and sit down on his bed," he grinned.

"No way," I laughed.

"Yes way," he said, we heard the door slide open and looked up, "Told ya."

I smirked seeing Skye, still in her pajamas, emerging from Carter's quarters. Carter right on her tail looking like a deer in headlights.

"Oh, Daddy Grayson finally made his move?" Joel smirked and tilted his hat at the couple.

"Don't you have something to do?" I said, glaring at Joel with a smirk.

"I have an opening in my schedule for a storytime of Miss Mitchell exiting Mr. Grayson's room in her pajamas. What happened after I left you two last night?" Joel questioned.

"Goodbye, Joel. Carter, I'll talk to you later," I said, grabbing Skye's hand and starting down the hall to her room.

As soon as I closed the door to her room I started questioning, "So are you going to tell me why you were in Carter's room? Did you spend the night there? What happened? Details!"

"Uh," she paused, "I went to the galley to get something to drink. Carter and Joel were sitting there, eating a late dinner. We talked for a minute and then somehow Carter managed to get me into his room with the use of a CD collection?"

"If he offered you candy, would you still have gone?" I giggled.

"Oh shut up," she rolled her eyes and smoothed hair back out of her face, "We were listening to some CD and just talking... I don't know, I just fell asleep."

"In his bed?"

"And on his shoulder,' Skye confessed, hiding her face in her hands holding back giggles.

"SKYE!" I tried my best to hide my smiles

"Nova, be quiet!" she laughed, "He ended up sleeping on the floor."

"Was that before or after you fell asleep?"

Skye didn't respond, instead she rolled her eyes and poked me in the side, "And what were you doing last night?"

"I was out," I shrugged.

"By yourself?"

I shrugged.

She punched me in the arm.

"Ow!" I yelled, "Hey, that was a good punch-"

"Who?"

It was my turn to roll my eyes, "Ryan."

"What?!"

I looked at her confused, "Are you surprised?"

She thought for a moment, "Well, guess not."

"So, did Carter wake you up this morning or?"

"No, Miss Fairweather called me over the intercom. That's where I'm heading now."