(12) The Keycard

••●══════••●۩۞۩●••══════●••

"Ryan and Carter are back," Captain Mitchell announced.

I let out a sigh of relief. I closed the search I had been doing and started towards the transport bay.

"Hey," I asked Skye, she'd been sitting quietly since we got back, "Aren't you coming?"

She stood up silently and started down the right hallway, towards the med bay.

"Skye? Transport is the other way."

She looked back at me, giggled slightly before walking down the left hallway.

What is up with her?

I followed behind her but as she turned the corner at the end of the hallway she was suddenly nowhere to be found. How could she have disappeared in the two seconds it took me to catch up?

Carter stood near the loading bay, looking around confused.

"Hey are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine," he said, "I couldn't find the other Rangers."

"Yes I'm running a search for them now," I said, "You haven't talked to Skye yet have you?"

"What about me?"

I turned, seeing Skye standing right behind me.

I quickly covered my tracks, "Oh just wanted to know where you were earlier today."

"I was in my office silly," she giggled.

"During the party?"

"Yes," she said, "Why so many questions? Where's Ryan?"

Carter looked at me nervously, "He went to go find the Captain."

Skye gave us another smile before turning back down the hallway, presumably to find Ryan and the Captain.

"Is she... acting weird?" Carter said.

I chewed on my lip, thinking for a quick second before letting out a shrill whistle. On a normal day, Skye would have turned around and sent one back. No matter how mad, busy, or out of it she might've been, it was our rule to always send one back. I honestly couldn't think of a time where she hadn't.

Carter looked at me, "I think somethings wrong. Let's go find Ryan."

Skye had disappeared again. The communications room was filled with chatter as lab tech frantically ran searches for the missing rangers. Ryan and the Captain stood talking quietly in the corner.

"I don't remember much about Olympius. I was so young," Ryan said as we approached.

"Who's Olympius?" I said.

"Impus who was reborn. All I know is Queen Banshera gave Diabolico the star power. Her son, Impus was next in line to receive it. Meaning, it transformed him into Olympius."

"So he's more powerful than Diabolico?" Carter said, I sat down to look over the various computers that were searching through each quadrant for the missing Rangers. How had it not detected the energy from their morphers?

Ryan nodded at Carter, "He's young, but once he learns how to use it he will be."

Captain Mitchell began to walk back to the transport bay, "Set up a search party Nova. Tell them to sweep the entire vicinity."

"Where's Skye?" Ryan said.

"We saw her in the transport bay," Carter said, "Did she not come find you? She left before we did."