(12) Imposter

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

There was nothing stopping Olympius from walking right into the Aquabase with Nova. He looked just like me. He walked my same stride behind Nova and into the room with my father. He looked at the two of us and then back at the monitors, saying things into a headset for the Rangers.

Nova stepped away, allowing Olympius to use my persona to stake out the very place we have kept from demons all these years. He only had access because I had given it to him directly. He would have never been able to come in here on his own. After a few minutes, he returned us back to where Nova and my father were.

"Ryan and Carter are back," Captain Mitchell announced.

Nova let out a sigh of relief, standing up and heading towards the exit.

"Hey," Nova asked, "Aren't you coming?"

My body stood up silently and started down the right hallway, towards the med bay. Nova was going towards the transportation bay. I knew where everything was around here - I just hoped that Nova caught on that the figure who looked like me was not actually me.

"Skye? Transport is the other way." Nova directed.

Olympius looked back at her, giggling slightly before walking down the left hallway.

At the first turn, Olympius darted out of sight of Nova. Seconds later we were back in the transportation bay.

I saw Carter standing near the loading bay, looking around confused. If I could call out to him, I would.

"Hey are you alright?" Nova asked.

"Yes I'm fine," he said, "I couldn't find the other Rangers."

"Yes I'm running a search for them now," Nova said, "You haven't talked to Skye yet have you?"

"What about me?" Olympius asked when he heard my name.

"Oh, I just wanted to know where you were earlier today." Nova stared.

"I was in my office silly," I giggled. That's not where I was.

"During the party?" she asked.

"Yes," I said, "Why so many questions? Where's Ryan?"

Carter looked at Nova nervously, "He went to go find the Captain."

With another smile, Olympius exited us out of the room. Heading down the hall towards the communications room. As we walked, I heard the familiar whistle of Nova. I knew Olympius did not know the bond of our whistle, and me not whistling back should make it obvious that it was not me walking these halls. We whistled back no matter what.

Olympius stopped inside the communications room, pressing any button he could get my fingers on. Nothing worked - he wasn't using my access key. I couldn't keep up with what Olympius was doing. He was bouncing all over the Aquabase. I tried banging on the star I was kept in, screaming for help - but no one could hear me, let alone help me. When I heard my name again, I stepped into the other side of the communications room seeing Ryan, Carter, Nova, and my father all talking.

"Where's Skye?" Ryan asked.

"We saw her in the transport bay," Carter said, "Did she not come find you? She left before we did."

Nova looked at Carter.

"Hey!" I smiled. I tried screaming again, but still no use.

"The rest of the team came back from transport. They're in the med bay getting checked up. So no need for the search party right?" I lied. What did he mean the rest of the team came back? I don't even remember seeing them at the Aquabase since we got here. Was there something else going on?