(19) Kidnapped

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Nova gave up her garter for me to use as a wrap for the large cut down my arm. I carefully tied it around, making sure to tie it off right above the wound itself before positioning two sticks on both sides of my wrist and using a piece of my torn dress to hold them in place. It was definitely broken and my skin required stitches.

Nova was a few feet away, using her blaster to smack something just outside of the cell.. The sound was making my head pound even worse. I needed her to stop doing that before my brain exploded.

"Can you just stop for a minute?" I groaned.

"Not until we're out," Nova huffed. We'd been locked in this weird prison cell for who knows how long.

Nova went back to banging the object against the lock outside the cell.

"Nova!" I shouted.

She turned towards me angrily and threw her blaster to the ground. I was just as frustrated and scared as she was.

"Just calm down, the Rangers are probably looking for us now." I told her.

"We don't even know where we are," Nova said, plopping down on the ground. I looked at both of our dresses. They were dirty, ripped, and blood soaked from my arm.

"They'll find us." I said softly. They had to find us, right? I mean, one moment we were enjoying a wonderful extravaganza and then the next we were here.

"Are you sure?" Nova said.

"Positive." I took her hand in mine.

She looked up to the ceiling and I looked down at the ground. Any minute now I expected Carter and Ryan to come busting through the cell, scoop us up into their arms, and carry us away to safety.

"Nova?" I cleared my throat, seeing the scar peeking from the back of her dress as she moved. I knew this was the wrong time to ask about it - but the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them

"Hmm?" she turned back to look at me.

I looked at her nervously, "What really happened to your shoulder?"

Nova pulled her hand back to her own lap and it looked like I struck a nerve.

"If I have to share my story with the crash then you have to share the scar story." I posed. I thought that seemed fair...

"I can't talk about it..." she sighed.

I looked at her sadly, "Please?"

She was silent.

"Was it your dad?" I questioned.

Nova leaned her head back against the wall.

"That was always a rumor. You know... why your mom left and stuff. Everyone said-" I started.

She cut me off, "Everyone was wrong. He didn't beat us."

"Then what did he do? Nova I saw the bruises." I stared at her, watching her emotions fluctuate on her face.

Nova sighed, growing agitated, "That was from training. You saw that part. I didn't have to do that."

"What did you have to do?" I wondered.

She picked her head back up, finally looking at me, "You know I was supposed to be the red ranger right?"

I looked at her in shock. Why didn't she ever tell me that before?

"Yeah. I know. It was supposed to be a reward for everything he put me through. For every failed attempt to make the morpher work." Nova rattled on.