Epilogue: Starting Line

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

All the stolen glances, surprise dates, long nights, lazy kisses, and unconditional love could never prepare me for the feeling that overcame me when I saw Carter standing at the end of the altar waiting for me. His smile was the only one I could focus on in the room when my father linked our arms and started leading me down the aisle.

Nova stood in her place as my maid of honor with Dana, Kesley, and even Miss Fairweather right behind her. Carter stepped down, meeting at the end of the aisle as my father turned to face me. He grabbed the bottom of my veil and slowly lifted it over my head, a proud smile on his face as he was about to give his daughter away. He placed a fatherly kiss on the top of my hand and then extended my hand to Carter's.

He guided me to the altar and joined our hands together as my brother smiled at me over Carter's shoulder. This was a moment I dreamed about for so long throughout my life and it was so surreal that it was finally happening. I was finally marrying the one person who promised me a lifetime of protection and happiness.

No one else in the room mattered the moment we said I do. His sweet kiss set the world right and I knew I'd never be as happy as I was kissing him back in promise to never betray him. The walk down the aisle, officially as Mr. and Mrs. Grayson was such an emotional moment for me. I wished my mother had still been around to see me get married, but I knew she was somewhere watching from above, celebrating in joy and laughter with us during the reception.

Our first dance couldn't have gone any better. Dancing along to the sound of my brother's incredible singing voice that no one knew he had made this night just that more special. We requested our first dance to be to Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. I silently cried against Carter's chest, enjoying every moment of the eyes watching how much we truly loved each other.

I don't know which dance made me more emotional. My first dance with my husband, my dance with my twin, my dance with our father, or my dance with my best friend in the whole world. Nova and I sobbed in each other's arms, moments of pure love towards each other to Good Friend and A Glass of Wine by LeAnn Rimes.

"I always tell Ryan that the stars shine bright for you and only you. I can see them in your eyes and feel the moon in your heart." Nova hugged me tightly.

"Tonight," I said breathlessly, "Has been so incredibly magical that I'm at a loss of words."

"You think you're speechless now, Just wait until the speeches." My best friend teased me.

"You have a glow to you that I'd recognize anywhere." I told her.

"Makeup does that." she laughed.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" I suspected.

"Four months," she answered, "But we haven't officially made the announcement yet."

"Your secret is safe with me. Auntie Skye is going to spoil them like no tomorrow!" I smiled in happiness with her.

"Speech time!" Nova grabbed my hand and we shuffled to the head table where Carter was waiting for me. He pulled out my chair and then took my hands, pulling them into his lap as we watched our friends take turns embarrassing us the same way we did at their weddings.

"I'm definitely not good with speeches, Skye was always the one that had a way with words. I'll try not to cry during this but I make no promises." Nova laughed.