𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋

"𝓘𝓯 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀"

The doctor would be staying in the compound for the time being, he now occupied the empty room beside Archer's. Wanda never wanted to be in the same room as him, she felt like he could see right through her. Fear is what she fed off of in stressful situations, but it was never her own. She hated being the only one in the room who was afraid, especially since this man knew. Nobody was ever supposed to know what she was feeling, nobody but her brother. It was a vow they had taken together after the first round of experiments at HYDRA, and here she was letting him down.

"Wanda?" She turned to see Archer standing at the door to the balcony. "I don't remember the last time you didn't know I was here." He chuckled and she gave him a small smile. "Pietro wanted me to bring me you this" She took the mug from his hands and set it on the railing.

"What is it?"

"I believe it's apple cinnamon tea," Wanda smiled, her brother really knew every inch of her soul. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just a little shaken," She gasped quietly, "I mean, I'm tired. I'm just a little tired,"

"After the sleep you had?" He smirked, and she blushed and looked away. 

"Sorry about that," 

"No worries, I had fun last night. And I gotta admit, it's a great show." She grinned. 

"It really is. It was the first thing I saw on television when we first came to America." He smiled, taking a step closer. 

"You don't have to lie to me, you know," He whispered. 

"What do you mean?" She didn't meet his gaze. He was too close for comfort, she felt her heart pounding. She forced herself to think of the fact that he could throw her off the balcony at any given time if he wanted to. 

"I know you're shaken," She swallowed. "You're not a very good liar" 

"Oh, if only you knew," She laughed coldly. 

"Come on, tell me what's bothering you." His voice was still barely even a whisper, but she felt compelled to talk.

"How much time do you have?" He laughed. 

"As long as it takes." And just like that, against her better judgment, she told him.

She told him everything.

___

"Lizzie?" Wanda sat up in bed, looking over at Pietro, who was sprawled on his own across the room. 

"Hm?"

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've disconnected our mind link," Even in the dark she knew he was frowning. "You only ever do that when there's something you don't want me to know." 

"Pietro, I-" He was suddenly sitting beside her, leaning back against the head board and placing his arms around her. 

"Tell me," She sighed.

"I had a talk with Archer," She could feel her eyes begin to water. "He told me I didn't have to lie to him and he asked what was wrong and I told him everything." Tears were falling, and she sniffled. "I know, we aren't supposed to trust anyone and nobody can know what I'm feeling but he seemed so genuine and I'm so sorry"

"Wanda Elizabeth," His voice wasn't angry, but soft. He wiped the tears from her face, they were always able to see well in the dark. "You don't have to be sorry, angel. So you're comfortable with the guy, you did no wrong,"

"But we swore-"

"That we wouldn't let the enemy know how we felt. Ivanov is annoying but I think it's past the time we need to be worried about him. Please, Wanda, don't be upset." She nodded, burying her face into his chest. 

"I just thought you'd be hurt,"

"Wanda you could never hurt me. I promise." He kissed the top of her head. They sat in silence for a little bit, just sitting there with him holding her. It seemed like ages before he spoke again. "What did you tell him?"

"About my dreams, my apprehension towards Strange, about Mama and Papa, school, HYDRA."

"You know, you gave him all that information, I think he should give you the same," He said thoughtfully. "You should ask him about his childhood, his mother, his training. It's only fair," Wanda giggled. 

"Yeah I guess it is," She agreed. "I told him about how I've always wanted to see the world. And he couldn't understand how I'd always wanted to come here but now that I'm here I'm afraid to see the city."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing. We just came inside for dinner."

"Rude," Pietro scoffed. Wanda laughed and hit his arm. 

___

"Good morning, Wanda."

"Why are you grinning?" Archer was sitting at the bar in the kitchen, smiling widely. 

"I've got a surprise for you,"

"Oh no," Wanda sighed, taking some pancakes from the plate on the counter. The rest of the team was watching tv in the common room, Strange included. "Archer, I had a long night-"

"And you're gonna have a fantastic day," 

"You're making me nervous, Ivanov."

"We're going out," She choked. 

"What?"

"We're gonna spend the day in the city," 

"T-The city?" She looked up at the clock, it was still early. "Archer-"

"No, you don't get a choice. I already asked Pietro for permission to take his precious sister into the city, and after many many promises, some of which I don't intend on keeping, he's fine with it."

"We have to train, Ivanov." Wanda grumbled. No way was she going outside this compound. 

"I got Fury's permission, Maximoff. Even Marie is skipping to come with us." He smirked. "I know you want to,"

"Fine"

____________________________________

Hey guys! The quality of these chapters seems to be going down so I'll work on that. 

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨