ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼

"𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓯𝓪𝓾𝓵𝓽"

I waited for Wanda in the common room, bouncing on my toes. Pietro had told her to go get dressed while he called Marie up. I smiled when she came skipping out of the elevator. She opened her mouth to greet me, but never got to it.

Suddenly alarms were blaring. There were red flashing lights. The team all jumped into action, grabbing guns from underneath furniture and taking off sweaters.

"Ivanov!" I turned and caught the knife Romanoff had tossed. Marie was on her hands and knees, pulling throwing knives from underneath the rug. Rogers was giving hand signals, sending Romanoff, Barton and I down the hallway to the living quarters, Banner, Stark and Strange to the meeting room and Marie to guard the elevator.

I took a pistol from Banner and started down the hallway. Barton kicked down the door to the Captains room, walking in and checking for any threats.

"Clear," He shouted over the alarms.

"Clear," Romanoff's voice sounded. I swung open the door to the Twin's room, and then my heart stopped.

There was a girl standing by the open window, with a knife held in front of her. Wanda was strapped to the desk chair, glaring at the intruder as she cut through her stomach. I stood frozen, watching the scene unfold as neither had noticed my presence.

"This would be more fun if you screamed," The girl said lowly, tilting her head at Wanda. But Wanda just glared back at her. "Fine," The girl sliced through the skin on her chest, causing Wanda grunt.

"You're gonna have to do more than cut me," She panted, her eyes flashing blood red. A gunshot rang out, and I turned to see Romanoff standing behind me, shooting the girl. The intruder simply stood still, holding the knife at Wanda's throat.

"Fire at me again, I dare you," She threatened.

"What do you want," Romanoff spat.

"Give me the stone and she lives,"

"She could kick your ass, you know,"

"Not when she gets caught by surprise she can't." The girl laughed. "Isn't that right Wanda? One of your only weaknesses," She kicked her in the stomach. "I'm talking to you," She shouted.

"We don't have the stone," I protested weakly.

"I thought you people were spies," She sneered. "You'd think you'd know how to lie,"

"I'm serious!"

"Wanda," The girl turned back to her. "I know you aren't gonna give me the stone. But I know who will."

"He's not here," Wanda said fiercely. Why was she better at lying than me?

"Call him" She demanded.

"He's not here" The girl held the knife at Wanda's throat and turned to me.

"If Pietro Maximoff isn't in this room in the next minute she dies." I looked at Wanda, who was frantically shaking her head. She may be alright with dying at the hands of this chick, but I was not. I took off down the hallway, yelling frantically over the sirens.

"Maximoff! Maximoff!"

"Ivanov?" I stopped and turned to see Pietro jogging towards me. "What's going on? What the hell happened up here?"

"You have to come with me," I ran back to Wanda. "Alright, he's here let her go,"

"Wanda?" Pietro said slowly as he walked into the room. His eyes darkened when he saw the girl. "Amber,"