𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀, 𝓭𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾?"

Archer sighed impatiently as he paced up and down the meeting room. The team had gathered there almost an hour ago, and nothing has happened since. Wanda had a book laid out on the table in front of her, reading contently while the others chatted. It was almost as if nothing had happened. But he still couldn't forget...

"Wanda!" He shouted as she threw out her hands. Then everything was red. Everywhere he looked, red. The world faded out and he was enveloped in a beautiful scarlet. The guards on the floor were no longer there, standing instead along the wall opposite to the cell. Amber was shrieking, and then she was back in  the cell, anger plastered openly on her face. 

"Ivanov," He startled, whirling around and pulling the gun from the holster on his leg. "Woah woah,"

He blinked. Natasha was standing in front of him, arms out in surrender. "This conversation doesn't require a firearm, Ivanov."

"Right, sorry" He tucked the gun away.

"Little on edge, are we?"

"I think it's justified," Natasha smirked.

"Fair enough. Strange is here." He looked to the head of the table, where Wanda was now sitting with Strange standing behind her, a hand on each of her shoulders. He sat down, but took his gun back out and set it on his lap. Natasha quirked an eyebrow, but kept her mouth shut. 

Doctor Strange took a book out from behind the moving cloak and set it in front of Wanda. "I think you need to read this."

"You know what's happening?" Pietro asked, eyes boring into Strange's.

"I do. And I think she should come with me."

"Yeah, that's not going to happen." Archer stated, clicking the safety off on his gun.

"I can help her understand her power-"

"Then you can do it here." Steve cut in. 

"Very well," Strange sighed. "But as long as I'm here, the stone is here. Which means Miss Davis will have to be watched much more closely"

"Already taken care of," Stark announced, walking into the meeting room with his hands in his pockets. "Got the best of the best down there."

"It's Rhodey, isn't it?" Sam sighed, running a hand down his face. Stark just smirked.

___

Wanda was sitting cross-legged on her bed when Archer knocked softly on the open door.

"Hey," She smiled at him briefly before returning to the book in front of her. "Did you know, that this book has an entire chapter about me?"

"You?" Archer strolled in and took a seat on her desk chair.

"The Scarlet Witch."

"Right, ah, I was running the book through the SHIELD database and I don't think you should be using it."

"What?" Wanda's eyes snapped up to his. "This is how I can understand my power, learn about it."

"Wanda, the Darkhold corrupts anyone who uses it. Those spells aren't just the chaos magic we were told about, it's dark magic."

"I'm not using it for spells, I'm using it for knowledge."

"But do you really wanna take that chance?" Archer pleaded.

"Strange knows what he's doing."

"Why are we trusting that guy? Yeah, he saved you but come on, Wanda. What do we really know about him?"

"We know that he's a very powerful wizard. If anyone knows about magic, it's going to be him."

"You really don't know, do you?" Archer said softly, almost in a whisper. 

"Know what?" Archer sighed and threw down the folder he had been holding onto the bed. 

"I printed the files earlier. Why don't you read through them," He made it clear that it wasn't a suggestion. "I care about you, Wanda. And I don't want you to be hurt, or in the dark about your power. But I also don't want to see you become something you're not." He stood and swiftly left the room.

____________________________

Hey y'all! Can you tell I've just seen multiverse of madness?

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨