𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓭𝓸"

It had been three days since their little dispute. Nothing had changed, save for an awkward tension whenever Archer and Wanda were alone together, which wasn't often. It was pretty easy to forget that it had even happened. They trained, ate, and watched television all the same. It was eerie.

Wanda sat on the balcony connected to the common room, cross-legged on the railing. Below her were rows of agents marching to and from the building. She teetered a little, but she was not afraid. She knew she had the balance to remain on the railing, and even if she didn't, she could catch herself long before she hit the ground. She sighed contently as the wind blew her hair back from her face. She heard the balcony doors open and close, but it wasn't the familiar presence of her brother. She frowned a little but addressed them all the same.

"Ivanov," If he was surprised that she knew it was him, he didn't show it. He came and leaned against the railing beside her, looking out at the forest that surrounded the compound. 

"Whatcha doing out here?"

"It's peaceful, don't you think?" He didn't answer. They didn't look at each other either, just enjoyed the environment. It seemed like an eternity until he spoke again.

"I'm sorry," Reluctantly, Wanda looked at him. He was staring at the ground below them. "I did know...what everyone else thought, I just didn't want you to think of yourself like that." He looked up. "In my old team, and every other SHIELD team, it's not a place for soft speaking. It's a place for tough love, and I guess I was so used to it that I didn't stop to think that it would offend you." As he explained his way of thinking, he still wouldn't meet her eye. "The things you can do, it's not scary. It's...it's beautiful. I've only seen it once but I haven't stopped thinking about it. The way you just hovered, it was so graceful. You're magic is mesmerizing. And, if it's alright with you, I," He breathed a sigh before meeting her gaze. "I'd like to see it again."

"You don't wanna see what I can do" Was her quick response. She hopped down from the railing and stood facing him. 

"But I do," He took a step closer, crowding her space. "Everything about you is captivating. They say you can read minds, is that true?"

"It's not that simple," She breathed. For some reason, with him that close to her, She felt like it was impossible to lie. Which was surprisingly strange since her whole life was based on the lies that she's told. "I can enter minds"

"So then you would know that I truly do want to see more,"

"I know you think that you do, but I'm telling you, you don't"

"Come on," His words were just above a whisper.

"Okay," He opened his mouth to say something else when someone cleared their throats behind them. They jumped back from each other and they turned to see Pietro standing there with his arms crossed. 

"What are you doing?" Wanda flinched at his tone. He never liked when people got near her, but it was clear this was different. Ever since his display of "tough love", Pietro had been especially cold towards him.

"We were just talking, Pietro" He let his arms drop his sides at her statement, he knew she wouldn't lie to him. 

"Dinner's ready,"

___

Wanda looked around worriedly. Pietro's hand was resting on her knee in effort to calm her, but she knew he was nervous as well. They were sitting in the meeting room, gathered around the large table as they waiting for the Captain. Why were they called here? They never had meetings unless something was wrong. Natasha and Tony seemed unnerved by this, discussing the new tech SHIELD was equipping them with. Bruce was asleep in a chair by the corner with Clint nodding off across the table from Wanda. It appeared the most nervous out of all of them was Archer, who was visibly biting the inside of his cheek. Wanda looked over at Sam, who was talking to Pietro about his new running schedule. He seemed extremely calm about this. 

"Alright, team," Steve strode in, letting the door shut behind him. "We've got a mission."

_______________________

Hey guys! Yadda Yadda Yadda

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨