𝕋𝔼ℕ

"𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓽? 𝓘'𝓶 𝓪 𝓴𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓻"

Wanda walked down the hallway with her brother. She was fidgeting with her rings anxiously. It had been years since she had even seen Amber, and now she was here, in a holding cell underneath the place she slept. Archer was already down there with Marie while the rest of the team researched Amber's history in the meeting room upstairs. When they arrived Archer stood from his chair and came out of the cell, stopping Wanda before she could enter.

"Are you sure about this?" Archer whispered to her. 

"I'll be fine." She said, changing her face from anxious to cold.

"Wanda, you don't have to act like-"

"I'm not acting, Ivanov. I'm working." She pushed past him into the cell, taking a seat across from where Amber was handcuffed.

"Wow, didn't think you'd have the balls" She smirked. "What brings you down here Maximoff?"

"I wanted to talk," 

"Whatever about?" 

"Let's start with where you've been these past few years"

"Working." Wanda's eyes burned red.

"Wanna try again?"

"Look, I've been interrogated all day so if you think that you can just come in here and- ah" Amber's head ducked, long auburn hair covering her face.

"I do, actually. Now, since the fall of HYDRA, what have you been up to?"

"Never pegged you as the torturing type, Lizzie,"

"Don't call me that,"

"Really, why not?"

"Amber, what have you been doing?"

"Hiding,"

"Hiding where?"

"Why does it matter?" She grunted in pain as Wanda's eyes flared again. "In an abandoned building just outside of Sokovia,"

"That's more like it," Wanda smiled. "Why did you come after me?"

"I didn't." Another hiss of pain. "I mean it. I meant to break in, steal the stone and leave. Your window happened to be the only one open on the floor. You not seeing me was sheer dumb luck."

"Why do you want the stone?"

"Don't ask stupid questions, Maximoff."

"Do you realize that using the stone to go back that far will cause problems with the universe?"

"I don't much care." Wanda sighed. 

"And you're not gonna stop, are you?"

"I need that stone. You understand, Wanda, better than anybody-"

"But I handled it better. Ask anyone in this building, everybody has lost their parents but they found a way to release their grief in a healthier way."

"I don't care. I will kill you and everyone else who stands between me and that stone." 

"Alright, that's enough." Archer stood at the door. Pietro pushed past him and leaned close to Amber.

"You ever threaten my sister again and I will kill you myself," He whispered menacingly before taking Wanda's hand and escorting her out.

___

"You alright?" Wanda sighed. The balcony used to be her quiet place, and she wasn't sure if she liked that it wasn't anymore.

"I'm fine."

"The way you just changed your demeanor this morning, you'd be a great agent," Archer said, leaning against the railing. "I've never seen that side of you"

"Consider yourself lucky. For many people, it's the only side they've seen" She sighed. "Amber was a friend."

"Thought you had no friends?" He smirked.

"She was supposed to be dead. There was an explosion back when I was fighting the Avengers, and she was gone. I thought she was finally free, finally reunited with her family she grieved so much. I may have looked calm but I was only doing my job," Her voice cracked and she took a deep breath. 

"I know the feeling." He cringed before asking, "Do you usually torture people to get information?"

"You're an agent, I'm a killer." She didn't look up. 

"Then you're in the perfect place," He took her face in his hands. "We're all killers here"

And just like that, she was sure he had her heart.

___

Wanda sat with her brother at the bar, sipping her tea when Archer came out looking groggy. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Sleep alright, kid?" Stark asked with a smirk from the couch in the common room. 

"Yeah, yeah," He grunted while pouring coffee.

"Better perk up kid, don't wanna look like shit for the party," Sam teased.

"Uh-huh," He sat next to Wanda before whispering, "What party?"

"Stark's having a fancy party out here tonight. He invites all his rich friends and investors and we all have to walk around and meet everyone all night." She laughed. "It's a little fun, but mostly I don't like all the people. But I do love to dance" She smiled.

"I don't even own a suit," Archer ran his hand over his face. 

"There'll be one on your bed after training," Stark called.

"Speaking of," Wanda smiled before heading to the elevator.

____________________________

Hey guys! I haven't been doing well but I really love this book and wanna continue so here I am! 

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨