𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

"𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽"

There were so many people in the common room Archer could barely breathe. Men in tuxedos and women in ballgowns surrounded him, and he only just entered. He took the glass of champagne from the waiter and looked around for a familiar face. He couldn't see Wanda or Marie or even Pietro anywhere.

"Archer! Just the man I was looking for," He smiled and Tony led an old lengthy man to him. "Rich, this is Agent Archer Ivanov, the newest Avenger."

"Pleasure to meet ya son," He held out his hand and Archer shook it firmly.

"The pleasure is all mine,"

"Ah, a gentleman."

"Richard here is thinking about investing in our standard training for the newer agents." Stark boasted.

"Well, I think it would certainly be worth it. When I started all those years ago I know that the equipment was pretty crappy."

"That's exactly what we're looking to fix, isn't it son?" Rich beamed.

"Yes sir," 

After a tiresome conversation about money, Archer was finally free to take in the party. The kitchen was converted into a bar with women in cocktail dresses serving drinks, waiters walked around offering champagne and what looked like crabcakes. There was a dancefloor by the elevator where he could see Sam and Clint dancing drunkenly. After scanning for a few more minutes, he spotted Wanda's dark hair. She was talking to a man, tall with sleek black hair with too much product in it. Making his way over there, he had to stop to admire the witch he'd come to think of as his. 

Her hair fell around her face in elegant curls, her gown was blood red with sequins around the torso and a slit going up the right side. Her makeup remained as dark as always, but her smile lit up her face so much you wouldn't know. 

"Ivanov," She smiled at him as he approached, and the man she was talking to turned in surprise. "Looking handsome," She praised as she fixed his tie. The man cleared his throat and she jumped. She doesn't like sudden noises

"Am I interrupting something?" Archer asked, though he knew the answer.

"Archer this is Cole. He's one of Stark's old friends."

"Sorry?" Cole asked, and Wanda rolled her eyes before repeating herself slower. "Sorry, your accent is just so thick. Do you ever think about speech therapy?" Archer froze. What??

"No, I, uh, I've, I've never-"

"And she never will." Archer cut in, unable to hide the anger in his voice. "Everyone that matters can understand her just fine."

"Ivanov," Wanda muttered.

"And if you find it so difficult maybe you should go find someone else to entertain."

"Archer!" He reached down and took her hand, leading her away from the man. He didn't stop pulling until they reached the bar. "Are you alright?"

"How could you let him talk to you like that?" Archer motioned at one of the bartenders and was brought a crystal glass of whiskey. 

"Archer, my accent is hard for people to understand, that's just how America is-"

"But to ask you to change it?" He down his glass. "How can somebody ask you to change something so beautiful?" When he looked down at her, she wasn't looking at him. He followed her gaze to the window. The sunset.

"Looks like we have to put this on hold, eh?" She smiled at him and took his hand, dragging him to the balcony. The wind blew her hair back and she breathed in the autumn air. They stood in silence as they watched the sun go down. The sky lit up a bright pink and made all the anger just fall right through him. 

"You're favorite," He said softly. Wanda looked up at him and smiled. "Do me a favor,"

"What?" She asked.

"Dance with me." She laughed lightly before turning to face him completely. 

"On the balcony?"

"Mhm," He took her hands, placing one on his shoulder and keeping the other one tightly in his grasp. His other hand fell to her waist and they swayed slowly. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Wanda looked at him with narrowed eyes. 

"What is it?" She asked him.

"You're just so beautiful." He whispered. "And everything, from the sky to the music to the balcony, our balcony, is perfect. This is the perfect moment."

 She smiled so brightly he was sure he was seeing things. He leaned down and gently met her lips with his own, kissing her softly. He pulled back and they danced, over and over until Wanda requested to go back inside. They drank champagne and danced on the dance floor, having the time of their lives and ignoring everyone's looks. 

And from a far corner, Pietro stood proudly, looking down at the camera in his hands. On the screen was his beautiful sister standing in the arms of Archer Ivanov, the pink sky stretching out behind them.

___

It was past two in the morning when the last of the guests left and Rogers announced there was no training that day so they could nurse their hangovers. Archer was sat on the couch, watching as maids cleaned up the common room. He knew he should go to sleep, everyone else had, but he wasn't tired. He was about to get up and turn on the tv when he heard soft footsteps behind him. He smiled, he would recognize those footsteps anywhere. 

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He asked quietly, turning to get a look at her. Her hair was still in its curls, but her makeup was gone and she was wearing baggy pants and her brother's sweatshirt. Beautiful

"Shouldn't you?" She countered, sitting next to him. 

"Oh no, not the-" She pulled out the FRIENDS tapes and Archer couldn't hold back his laughter.

"Come on, you've barely made it halfway through the first season." She took the remote from him and turned on her show, taking a blanket from the back of the couch and throwing it around both of them. "Please?"

"Fine," He sighed dramatically and pecked her lips. She looked at him accusingly. "Sorry, I just can't get used to it," She giggled and pulled him down to kiss her again.

He would never get used to it.

_________________________

Hey guys! I LOVED writing this chapter even though it's pretty cheesy lol

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨