rehab

y/n's pov
i hear vinnie walk into the house, but i was in the basement doing laundry. he slammed the door behind him and threw his keys on the counter and threw himself on the couch. he began to sob and throw his shoes on the floor.

vinnie had just came back from therapy. he's been seeing a therapist for months, but it's been getting worse. he's been thinking about things that even scare him to think about. he thinks about dying, cutting, and so many worse things. it scares me.

"baby, what's wrong? what happened?" i threw the pile of clothes off my lap onto the floor and run upstairs towards vinnie.

he didn't respond.

"vinnie" i cupped his cheek and rubbed it with my thumb.

"i- um.." he stuttered.

"spit it out." i frowned.

"they're sending me to rehab for five months." he blinked and a stream of tears fell from his eyes. i was speechless.

"wait, don't you have a choice?" i sniffled.

"no, i don't." he kept crying. i felt bad asking to many questions. i stood up and sat on his lap. i wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head over his shoulder.

"maybe it'll be good for you." i smiled.

"but i don't want to leave." he frowned.

"i know. i don't want you to leave either." a tear fell from my eye.
_______________________________
the next day- y/n's pov
_______________________________
it's been a day since vinnie told me that he needed to go to rehab and today, he was packing to leave. obviously, i didn't want him to leave but i guess he didn't have a choice. i've been crying ever since last night. i couldn't sleep thinking about him leaving me.

"vinnie, are you ready?" i sniffled.

"yeah." he said lazily.

"alright, i'll drop you off." i wiped my eyes with my hoodie sleeve.

_______________________________
me and vinnie got in the car. i drove him there and continued crying. vinnie didn't care as much as he did before. he knew he was coming back in december, and that's all he was thinking about. he didn't want to think about leaving because it would make him sadder.

"y/n, don't cry. i'll be back soon." he smiled and rubbed my thigh.

"i know you'll be back, vinnie. i just don't know what i'm going to do without you." i cried.

"just don't think about me much, okay?" his voice cracked. now he was gonna cry.

"i can't do that. it's too hard." i kept driving. vinnie started to cry. we finally got to the rehab center and i sobbed even more. vinnie pulled me in to hug him and the hug felt like forever.

"i love you." he cried.

"i love you more." i fake smiled. he grabbed his stuff and we walked into the center.

"don't forget me!" i yelled as he walked away.

"i won't!" he yelled back.
_______________________________
A month later
_______________________________
it's been a month since vinnie left. they let him use his phone for an hour but they started not letting him use it anymore. i felt like he forgot about me. i was in our room when i heard someone knock on the door. i quickly got out of bed and walked to the front door. it was maria, reggie, and poncho. i quickly opened the door.

"hey, guys!" i smiled.

"hey, bestie!" reggie hugged me and i hugged him back. after i pulled out of the hug, i knelt down and pet poncho.