worried about you

y/n's pov
"i love you, y/n. i'll miss you, please promise me that you'll be with me next week." vinnie said after placing his packed duffel bag over his shoulder.

"i promise, vinnie. i wish i could be with you sooner, but sadly i couldn't take vacation soon enough." i said before pecking his lips slightly and smiling.

"i wish you could too." vinnie frowned. i placed my finger under his chin, making him look down into my eyes.

"hey, be positive, my love." i smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek. vinnie wiped the tear away and i smiled at him.

"well, i have to get on my plane. i love you, y/n. i'll see you soon." he smiled before kissing my lips for a solid minute and hugging me. he pulled away and walked slowly to his flight before slowly speeding up his pace, so he wouldn't be late for his flight.
___________________________________
vinnie was leaving LA to go to seattle for a mental health break. i was supposed to be going with him today, but i couldn't take vacation for work soon enough, so i have to wait until next week to see him.

you might be thinking we were overreacting, but we haven't gotten that long without not seeing each other since we were teenagers and even then it was difficult for us. we live together now, so we don't have that problem often anymore.
___________________________________
vinnie's pov
___________________________________
i arrived in seattle and my mom was in the standing by the chairs to pick me up. i probably looked like a mess because i had been crying my entire flight, wondering if y/n was okay.

"hey, vinnie. you ok?" my mom asks before pulling me into a tight hug.

"i'm alright." i nodded as i hugged her back.

"you sure? i know how clingy you and y/n are to each other." she smiled, making me smile.

"yeah, i'll be ok. i'll see her next week." i shrugged and smiled as we began walking out of the airport towards the car.
___________________________________
it's been a week now since i got off the plane and to be honest, the only time i wasn't crying was at dinner. it was 12 in the morning and i couldn't get to sleep. i tried calling y/n a bunch of times but she wouldn't answer, so i decided to ask her friend if she was ok, she ended up sending me a snap of y/n in the hospital. my heart sunk to my stomach. what happened to her?

"what happened to her?"

"is she ok?"

"please answer"

i spammed her friend for hours and she never answered until now. i had been panicking and reggie was trying to calm me down, but i couldn't help but panic and be scared.

"shit, mb. she fell at work and had to get stitches in her head. she is ok, and she will still be boarding her plane tonight:)" she answered back. thank fucking god she was okay.

"thank you so much." i answered back and shut my phone off. i put my phone on the charger and placed it face down on the nightstand before i eventually fell asleep after not sleeping for a whole week.
___________________________________
y/n's pov
___________________________________
me and my friend had gotten out of the hospital and were rushing to the airport, so i could get on the plane in time. i did get there on time and got on my plane when i was supposed to.

the entire flight i was wondering if i hurt vinnie's feelings by not answering him. when i got to the airport, i seen he had facetimed me multiple times and i felt bad for not answering. i tried calling him back, but he had fallen asleep.

after i got off the plane, i seen nate, vinnie's dad, waiting for me in a chair. vinnie's dad was like the father figure i never had, and i thanked him for it.

"hey, kid." he smiled and waved.

"hey, nate." i smiled back at him before i seen reggie by his side. reggie was one of my closest friends, but to be honest, i loved all of vinnie's family they were literally the best people ever.

"vinnie missed you. like a lot." reggie laughed. i didn't know what he meant by that, but i just went along with it and laughed with him.

"how much?" i smiled.

"he was having a full on panic attack when you didn't answer him."

"oh shit, really? i feel bad now." i frowned.

"it's ok, he'll just be glad you're back with him." reggie smiled before he pulled me into a hug and i hugged him back. to be honest, vinnie's family was like the family that i never could have.
___________________________________
we all walked out of the airport to see a lot of snow on the ground. it was cold and dark. dark to the point where i couldn't see.

"shit, it's dark out here." nate said after buckling his seatbelt. me and reggie both laughed.

"you know, vinnie missed you a lot. i know reggie already said that, but he talks about you constantly and literally never stops." nate laughed and so did i. reggie fell asleep in the back. i hated how i had to leave vinnie here alone. obviously it's his family, but we're never apart from each other for longer than like two days. i felt so bad.

"yeah, he tried calling me a bunch while i was getting stitches but i couldn't answer. i tried calling him back in the airport, but i assumed he just fell asleep." i smiled as nate continued to drive back home.
___________________________________
when we got home, it was around 3AM. i hugged maria then quickly ran to vinnie's room. i quietly opened the door. as soon as i stepped into his room, i shut the door lightly behind me and walked towards him. i shook him gently awake and he jumped out of his sleep. i started quietly laughing.

"y/n!" he smiled and pulled me on top of him, hugging me as tight as he could.

"i missed you so much, never leave me for that long again." he started sobbing.

"hey, hey, hey. relax, babe. don't cry, it's gonna be ok." i said before i kissed him slowly.

"can we go to bed please? i'm tired from my flight." i said before i yawned. vinnie nodded and pulled the covers up and patted on the sheets, meaning he wanted me to sleep with him.

quickly getting under the covers, i got warm, and it felt good. my life has been a little hectic lately and it felt good to finally get a break from everything.
___________________________________
it was 8AM and i wanted to go downstairs and see everyone. i tried to get up, but vinnie pulled me back down. i thought he was asleep.

"you're not leaving my side the entire few weeks we're here." vinnie said as he pulled me closer to his chest, making my smile. he kissed my forehead and we fell back asleep together.
___________________________________
1/20/21
Request From: @lorenahacks
Word Count: 1202
🤍