>47<

Threat - Part 2

———

"Why does it feel like i'm forgetting something?"

Minutes after Ericka had left, Mavis stayed at her table. Leaving the rest of her shift to the Zombie Bellhops. She's too occupied now that she didn't even noticed that Johnny was now in front of her.

"Uhm... You mean this?"

Her husband's voice almost made her jump from her seat. If she weren't a vampire she might've had a heart attack right now.

Looking up, she saw Johnny having a crooked smile on his lips. In his hand was a black bag that was rather too familiar to Mavis.

"Johnny!" she called as she watched him take the seat across her, setting the bag down on the table and sliding it towards her, "Where did you get this?"

"Well Drac asked me to hand it over to you."

"Thanks... Johnny."

Earlier when Ericka had left, Mavis texted her father to meet her here at the lobby. Mavis saying that it was an urgent matter regarding Stan. But where is he now?

"Is there something wrong?" Johnny asked her.

"Ah, no... no, i'm sorry," she apologized, "Where is Dad?"

"Oh about that, he also told me to tell you that he'll be down in a few. He just needed to finish something."

"I... see. Okay."

Mavis was about to go through Stan's bag, even though it was still against her will. When a Knight had called her, going on his way to their table. Informing her about 'The Stan Situation'.

"What do you mean it's gone?!" Mavis had almost roared out as she stood up, the Knight cowering behind Johnny. Some guests looking at their direction.

"We searched every corner of the hotel grounds b-but we couldn't find him."

"But that's impossible! A body can't just... disappear? That's only unless if it's eaten by something? Or some human had stolen the body and sold it somewhere—"

"Mavis calm down, none of those are true," Johnny soothed her as she felt a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure the Knights did everything they could."

"Y-You're right, i'm sorry..." sitting back, she released a heavy sigh as she drank her glass of Blood Beaters. All in one gulp.

"Don't you wanna take a break?"

"I... i can't right now."

"You're getting a little too worked up on this."

Mavis wanted to argue on that one. She had so many things she wanted to say. Instead, she reached for the bag —ignoring Johnny's word for the better— and started to look through the bag. But to her surprise and shock, she didn't have to.

All that was inside is a piece of paper.

"Johnny..." she slowly looked up to him, seeing that he was occupied on his phone.

"Yeah?"

"Did you look through this bag?"

He then looked up slowly, eyebrows knitted together, confusion written on his face, "Of course not, why?"

"Nothing..."

———

this chapter is 500+ words shorter :((

see y'all in part 3.

(☞゚∀゚)☞