❝𝐎𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚-𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫❞

"Daddy, look over there. What is it? It's a little person. Over there, by the waterfall." said the little, bratty girl, "There's two of them." - "There's more than two." - "Where do they come from?" - "Who are they?" - "Are they real people?"

"Of course, they're real people. They're Oompa-Loompas." said Willy as I walked up behind him, I looked at the Oompa-Loompas and one of them even waved at me, I smiled and waved back, perhaps they knew I'd be here.

"Oompa-Loompas?" Mr Salt asked, he seemed not so delighted by the sight of the workers. Then again, I didn't really feel too safe being close to them, mostly because I wasn't exactly sure what they were, which was why I had Charlie stay close to me.

"Imported, direct from Loompaland." said Willy, but was met with a rude reply, "There's no such place." he said, making me angry

"What?" asked Willy, I saw the anger in his eyes, yet that same anger seemed to have had a completely different effect on me, so much so that Charlie tugged on my sleeve again, "Y/n,

"Mr. Wonka, I teach high-school geography, and I'm here to tell you - "

"Well, then you'll know all about it and, oh, what a terrible country it is." Willy began his story after interrupting Mr Teevee, which I found quite interesting, I was wondering what Willy had been doing the whole time we were separated from one another.

"The whole place is nothing but thick jungles infested by the most dangerous beasts in the entire world. Hornswogglers and snozzwangers and those terrible, wicked whangdoodles." - he spoke, I brought Charlie a little closer, which made Willy look at me, as I gave him a nod to keep telling the story.

"I went to Loompaland looking for exotic new flavours for candy. Instead, I found the Oompa-Loompas. They lived in tree houses to escape from the fierce creatures who lived below. The Oompa-Loompas ate nothing but green caterpillars, which tasted revolting.

The Oompa-Loompas looked for things to mash up with the caterpillars to make them taste better: Red beetles, the bark of the bong-bong tree. All of them beastly, but not quite so beastly as the caterpillars. But the food they longed for the most was the cocoa bean."

We intently listened, at least Charlie and I did, I wanted to make sure Willy liked him enough, as Charlie deserved to win the prize, I knew he did, I believed in that with all my heart.

"An Oompa-Loompa was lucky if he found three or four cocoa beans a year. But, oh, how they craved them. All they'd ever think about was cocoa beans. The cocoa bean is the thing from which chocolate is made, so I told the chief:

They are such wonderful workers. I feel I must warn you, though, they are rather mischievous. Always making jokes."

He laughed, making everyone, even Charlie uncomfortable, but I chuckled and made him smile at me, I believe I also caught the attention of Mrs Beauregarde mother. She seemed to be frowning, as if something was bothering her, when she saw how Willy and I looked at one another. But soon everyone's attention diverted to the sight of Augustus drinking from the chocolate river.

"Augustus, my child, that is not a good thing you do!" shouted the mother at the little boy, which, to be frank, I did not feel bad for, not one bit.

"Hey, little boy. My chocolate must be untouched by human hands." Willy shouted, but the boy didn't listen, I looked on and saw the way Charlie seemed worried that Willy would get angry once more.

However, the moment I looked at Willy, I then heard a loud splash, and I saw Charlie running over, or so he tried, I caught his arm as he tried to help the poor boy, "Charlie no!" I called out to him, "B-But Y/n! He's in trouble." Charlie said to me, I shook my head, "Look there, Mr Wonka isn't doing anything, he knows everything will be alright." I said, knowing that Willy wasn't doing this for nothing.