❝𝐁𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞❞

The man sat behind his desk, his eyes fixed on his wife as they discussed the latest developments in their daughter's treatment. 

She was lying in a hospital bed, her tiny body wracked with disease, and they had tried every treatment they could think of to save her. They were people who, as a family never gave up, their daughter, fighting the disease, was no different... when they had heard about Y/n...

Y/n was someone special, someone they knew they could get help from, the woman who was being experimented on by the scientists in the secret lab, the same lab these two people ran. They had long before realized that she could be the answer to their pleas, to whatever they worshipped. 

"It's wonderful," the man said, his voice low and serious, they were in their office, and he was smirking happily as he was checking the reports on how far the experiments had got. "To think that Y/n's suffering could be the key to saving our daughter. What a success."

His wife nodded, a faint smile playing across her lips. "Yes," she said. "It's amazing what science can do these days. We're lucky to have access to such advanced treatments," but there was something in her eyes, something that made the man feel uneasy. It was a hunger, a greed, a desire for something more. 

And he knew that he shared that desire, that they both wanted Y/n for themselves. As they continued to talk, the man felt a creeping sense of unease wash over him. There was something wrong about all of this, something that he couldn't quite put his finger on. But he pushed the feeling aside, telling himself that they were doing the right thing. They were saving their daughter's life, after all.

Meanwhile two workers were talking among themselves. A woman looked at a man who was operating on a mouse in a separate lab, "Imagine a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, where people justify unspeakable acts in the name of love and desperation."

She mumbled, "Mr Horran and Madam Horran, both driven mad by the impending loss of their daughter, have crossed a moral threshold that most would find repugnant."

The man sighed, "Yet, in their minds, they are heroes, willing to do whatever it takes to save their child. It's a twisted form of love that exposes the depths of human depravity. Is this what we're capable of when pushed to our limits? It's a sobering thought, Angelica, but it's not unheard of."

The sound of breathing could be heard in a hallway, and the sound of children's cry was heard. The man watched his wife leave, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. He turned his attention to the door marked "M", where his daughter was being kept. He knew the girl had been through a lot, but she also knew that it was necessary for the greater good.

The man entered the room, his footsteps echoing off the sterile walls. M was lying in bed, her eyes closed as if she were asleep. But the man knew better. He walked over to the bedside and leaned in close to M's ear.

"Can you hear me, my dear sweetheart?" he whispered. "I hope you're ready for the next phase of your treatment. It won't be pleasant, but it's necessary."

M's eyes fluttered open, and the man could see the fear and confusion in them. The man left the room, a sense of satisfaction settling over him. He knew that his wife would take good care of their daughter, and he was confident that Y/n would pull through. The experiments had to continue. The future of humanity depended on it...

... Meanwhile... The first scientist's eyes widened in alarm as she watched the monitor display a flatline, indicating that Y/n's heartbeat had stopped. Her mind raced as she quickly assessed the situation, knowing that they couldn't afford to lose their valuable subject.

"Get the defibrillator," she barked to the technicians in the room, her voice firm and authoritative. "We need to revive her."

As Y/n lay motionless on the cold metal table, the tension in the room was palpable. The first scientist knew that time was of the essence, that every passing moment decreased Y/n's chances of survival. She barked out her commands, her voice echoing through the sterile room, urging the technicians to move faster.