𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ➪ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚜

"𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙨𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚?"☟︎☟︎☟︎

☟︎☟︎☟︎

The next day, it was harder to get up than I thought it would be. Poppy was an early bird, she always has been. Me and Susan however, it takes us a while to slump our way out of bed. Poppy was already up and dressed by the time I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I had been drifting in and out of sleep for the past forty minutes. I sighed and stood up out of bed before trudging my way over to the bathroom.

Poppy, Susan and I were the only girls in the fourth year dorm: us being the only three girls in our year to be sorted into Hufflepuff. The girls dormitories actually had four beds: two singles in the back, and two loft beds, one creviced into the wall, with a ladder to climb up and the other above the bathroom that also had a ladder leading up to it. Susan always insisted on having the loft bed above the bathroom, so Poppy and I had the beds in the back. As well as our beds, we had two small bedside tables to separate them and a small table for studying. We hid our trunks out of the way, under our beds, taking them out whenever we needed them, and shared a bathroom that had a sink, a toilet, a shower and a cabinet for storing toiletries. The beds are always made with comfy off white sheets and we always piled blankets on top of them just in case it's cold.

I looked up in the mirror still half asleep, and washed my face with cold water and soap. I brushed my teeth and used moisturiser on my face before applying some natural makeup: concealer, mascara, blush, and brow gel. It took me a while to figure out what to do with my hair. After redoing my ponytail around five times, attempting to french braid it and even looking through the cupboards for the curling iron, I eventually gave up and just left it down.

I took my trunk out from under my bed and put on a clean white button up shirt before putting on the same skirt, jumper, tie and robe that I had on yesterday. Poppy and Susan had both already left for breakfast while I was fussing with my hair, so I looked in the mirror, checking that I looked at least some what presentable before making my own way downstairs to the Great Hall.

When I arrived, I noticed Harry, Ron and Hermione sat over on the Gryffindor table. I looked over at my brother, who was sat at the Hufflepuff table. He was goofing around with his friends. Poppy was with her boyfriend at the Ravenclaw table with Susan and Luna Lovegood. I looked back over at the Gryffindor table and saw that Harry was now looking over at me. I smiled with an awkward wave and he beckoned me over.

"Hey guys," I greeted them, standing at the end of the table. "Hey Cherry, sit down, have breakfast with us," Hermione smiled and the boys nodded, Harry moving up so I could sit beside him. Ron and I did our little mini handshake as I sat down and Harry gave me a big smile, his cheeks going a little red, which I returned, my cheeks also going a little red.

The four of us had developed quite a great friendship since the Quidditch World Cup. Hermione and I were now best of friends, considering we made it official when we bumped into each other at Diagon alley, Ron now just thinks of me as 'one of the bros' and Harry.... Well, I just like being a round him. I don't know what it is about him but, I just love the way I feel when we're together. Every time I see him, my mouth just can't help but crack into a smile.