Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Charlie's POV

As soon as I got out of my meeting I had ten missed calls from Lo. In her message she explained that Harry had come and picked up Aidan. The level of pissed I had reached was past the point of crying or yelling. I didn't even call her back. I just shot her a quick text message and drove straight to the apartment.

After parking I crossed the parking lot and stormed into the building.

"Charlie?" Nina stood up and I ignored her, only focused on getting to the apartment.

The elevator ride had never seemed so fast. Then again I couldn't think of a time when I had been this pissed. I pushed my key into the door and turned the knob. I could hear the tv going and Aidan laughing. When I rounded the corner I saw him sitting on the floor watching cartoons.

"Charlie" I turned around and Harry was standing in the kitchen. He was drying his hands and I noticed steam coming from the pans on the stove. My eyes narrowed and all I saw was red. "Char, before you say anything lets just go talk in the bedroom"

He walked over and grabbed my hand. I pulled away from him and nearly knocked him over as I moved in the direction of our room.

"Stay away from the kitchen, Aidan. I'm going to talk to your mum for a few minutes okay?"

"Okay, hi mommy"

"Hi sweetie I'll be right back and we can leave okay"

"She means get ready for dinner" Harry attempted to correct me.

"No. I meant what I said. Don't try and -"

He grabbed my hand again, not letting me pull away and tugged me into our room.

"You son of a bitch!" I shoved him and he didn't attempt to fight back.

"I know. Let it out"

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Let it out. I want to know how angry you are. So hit me. Yell at me. Do whatever you need to, to get all your anger out so we can begin to fix this. I'm not letting you go Charlie. You're all I want. You and the family we created. I'm prepared to fight for you"

"And I'm prepared to kill you for taking him without talking to me"

"He's my son too, Charlie. I have every right to him that you do. You can't keep him to yourself and I won't let you take him from me. So you have two options. You can leave, but you're walking out on us. Or you can stay and we can fix this. I want nothing more than to make this right. I just need you to give me the chance to do that"

"So I'm the bad guy? I'm the one who's breaking up the family if I decide I don't want to forgive you"

"You have every right to hate me Charlie. I know that. I just want a chance to fix it"

"Why should I give you a chance? I've been through this before. You cheat and then you apologize, but do it again"

"Dammit Charlie! I'm not Alex!"

"You're acting like him. You're following in his foot steps-"

"I'm not him! I'm nothing like him. She tricked me. I thought it was you! I would of never slept with her willingly. The only reason I did after that night is because she threatened to ruin my life. She told me she would tell you and she implied she would mess with my job. She wasn't kidding. I did what she said and she still fucked up everything good in my life. He cheated on purpose. He didn't care about you. I do. I always have and I don't know how to get that through to you. I know my word is not very credible right now, but that's all I have until I figure this out. Until we figure this out, together"