Chapter 25

I just want to start off this chapter by asking you all to show some love to withlove_lauren She's just started a new story and dedicated it to me!!! She's super sweet! And her story has already given me the feels :)

Charlie's pov

I sat quietly in the waiting room. Lo was taken to a room immediately and I was left to wonder if she was okay. By the time we got here she had stopped crying. Her silence was torturous, but I didn't know what to say. She was too shaky to walk, so they brought her a wheelchair and took her away.

"Charlie?" Harry walked in carrying Aidan who was still asleep. He sat next to me and I looked straight ahead. My mind was so cluttered with thoughts. I couldn't even put a sentence together for him.

Aidan started whining and moving in Harrys hold. I got up asking the receptionist for a blanket and she gave me one. After spreading it out on the couch across from us, Harry laid him down. He sat next to me again and I stayed quiet.

"She's going to be fine, Charlie" his hand covered mine and I didn't attempt to move it. He must of been shocked by this because he paused before entwining our fingers.

I stared at our hands. The urge to pull away growing. This was supposed to be about Lo. She was going through something every pregnant woman fears. With Harry here my thoughts were clouded with questions and insecurities about our relationship. I replayed our fight and my worry for Lo was slowly being overpowered by my anger for Harry.

I closed my eyes and repressed the feelings. Harry spoke again, but I wasn't listening. His voice was only making me want to scream.

"Can we just not talk right now? Please? My head just hurts and I can't think straight. I just need it to be as quiet as possible at the moment"

He eyed me before nodding and a second later his hand slipped from mine. The loss of contact was more of a relief than I expected. Which was probably for the best right now. However I felt guilty when he seemed to shift away from me completely.

"I'm sorry. I'm just on edge and I'm scared for Lo. I don't even know what you were saying to me. My head is just a mess right now"

"It's fine. I'm gonna get a soda or something" he stood up and dug in his pocket pulling out his wallet. "I was just saying that I love you and plan to be there for you. Nothing important or anything" his sarcasm was heavy as he stalked off in search of a vending machine.

I stared at Aidan from my seat. His messy brown curls sprawled around his round face. His pink lips were pushed out slightly and parted; Harry slept the same way. Getting up I moved across the small aisle and sat on the floor next to the couch. I raised my hand to his cheek and softly caressed his smooth skin. He turned into my touch, wrapping his small hand around mine. I smiled laying my head against the furniture. Was Lo going to have this chance? Would she be able to watch her and Niall's baby sleep? I had never taken any moments like this for granted, but now my appreciation for them would be even greater.

Harry dropped back into his seat setting the sprite he retrieved on the table next to him. I looked away when he turned in my direction. Focusing back on Aidan sleeping peacefully. When I glanced up after a few minutes he was just messing with his phone. His cheek rested against his fist and he was distracted by whatever was on the screen.

"Have you heard from Niall yet?" I asked after some time had passed.

"He's a little less than an hour out. Should be here soon"

"Did he say why he didn't answer?"

"His phone was in his jeans"

"And he couldn't hear it ring? I mean he knows Lo is carrying their baby. He should probably make sure he's reachable" I scoffed.