Chapter 7

~~Sorry it's so late!!!!~~

Lo's pov

"Suck it in!"

"I am Lo! Trust me, I want this dress to fit more than anyone"

"Ms. Charlie it's too tight. You're going to need a different size" the older woman who had been helping her looked apologetic as we both fought with the zip on the dress.

"What size is it? Maybe we got the wrong one" I tried finding a tag.

"9" the woman whispered.

"9?" Charlie about fell off the stool repeating the number back.

"I tried this same dress in an 8, a month ago! I can't be a 10!" Her face was turning red and I could hear the disappointment in her tone. If I didn't calm her down she would be a crying mess and calling off her wedding.

"Charlie it's ok. You know some dresses run small. Plus you still have over a month! You can hit the gym a little harder and get back down to your size 8"

"This is depressing. Thank you Aidan for giving me the hips I never wanted!"

She hopped off the stool and bunched up the dress as she walked back into the dressing room.

The old woman quietly exited the room as I leaned against the wall listening to her rant. When she was done changing she stepped out still venting about the size change.

"And you know this is all Harry's fault! I'm going to delete all his episodes of X factor! And I'm going to put his stupid bananas in the fridge so they brown faster! He hates that"

She grabbed her bag and we walked to the front of the store.

"Thank you Maria! We will be back next week, after we spend a few days in the gym"

The woman covered her mouth, hiding a smile as she nodded. We stepped out of the shop and weaved through the other people walking by.

"I'm going to rearrange his DVD collection! He's got it alphabetized and I know he's OCD about them being out of place. 'Charlie love, please. It only takes a minute to put the DVD back in the correct order' "

She mocked him and I had to hold back a laugh. Her impression had always been awful, but I knew she was serious, so laughing would not help.

"Ok look. You will be fine by the time your wedding day comes. You will fit in that dress and you will look beautiful. Stop freaking out. You gained a little weight. It's not like you're pregnant" I slung my arm around her shoulder and she stopped walking. "What?"

"Pregnant? Lo you don't think I could be pregnant, do you?"

"Well have you and Harry been safe? I thought you were on the pill now?"

"I am. I mean it's only 99% effective!"

"Well that would be twice that you've been the one percent. And you would have really shitty luck if you are" I raised my brow.

"Oh my god. This can not happen again. Not right now. We need to go to the store" She picked up her pace and I rushed to keep up.

"We have lunch plans! Payton and buzz are meeting us there"

"There's a small shop right before the restaurant. I'll stop and get a test on the way. Come on!" She grabbed my arm dragging me with her.

"I should of wore better shoes"

We made our way to the shop and she purchased more tests than necessary. Payton hadn't arrived when we checked in for our reservation so she went to the bathroom and I waited at the table.