Chapter 30

::This gif has nothing to do with the chapter but deserved to be used for obvious reasons. Idk if it's gonna gif. It's not doing that gif thing now that I've added it. So if it doesn't gif for you then appreciate the pose of our dear Harold anyway::

Chapter 30

"How are you feeling? I've missed you. I don't know if Niall told you I came by. I tried texting but never heard back from you"

"I'm great. He told me. I just wasn't ready you know?"

"It's okay. I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was here for you. I want you to be okay"

This was my first time talking to Lo in nearly a month. She hadn't returned any calls or made any attempts to reach out to me since her miscarriage. I wasn't mad; it just sucked feeing like I was losing my best friend.

"So I'm doing a photoshoot for a friend of mine and they need a model. It's last minute and I was thinking I could use you.."

"Me? Why me?"" I was hardly model worthy. I had been working non stop since returning to work after the move and trying to work on my relationship with Harry was taking everything out of me. My roots were showing and I hadn't even had time to finish unpacking completely.

"It's just for a project. You don't have to be in shape or anything"

"Gee thanks!" I laughed.

"Please just do this for me! This one thing. I would love you forever"

"Aren't you supposed to love me forever anyways?"

"But now my love will be deeper than ever before"

"I'm not even going to tell you where my mind went on that"

"Okay, you need to get laid. I'm sorry but it's time for you to move on a little"

"No! I'm not ready for that" keeping the progress of our relationship private was easy but hard at the same time. I wanted to talk about it but I knew it was best if I didn't.

Harry was on his way over to discuss my California trip at the moment. He was determined to go and I was still trying to explain why he didn't need to. It was a sore subject but I finally agreed to sit down and hear his side. Aidan was with my parents for the weekend and I was spending it working from home. The script for the movie was being tweaked and I had to read each new update as soon as it popped into my inbox.

"Hello? Earth to Charlie! Are you going to help me or not?"

"Yea, fine. Just send me the info"

"Okay! Perfect! Nialls yelling for me I'll call you back later"

"Okay, bye!"

We ended the call and I pushed my glasses further up my nose as I clicked on the 6th script change of the day. I was only reading for a few minutes when I heard the buzz of the intercom.

I sat my computer down and walked to the intercom pressing the button to let Harry in. I was already getting in the habit of pressing it without checking and he had been lecturing me every time. A couple minutes later I heard the knock and unlocked the door.

"Charlie.." Harry's deep voice entered the apartment before he did. I rolled my eyes turning back to the couch and sitting down.

"Harry, no matter what I still have to unlock the door. So even if I let someone into the building, they couldn't get in here anyways"

"Why make it easier for them?"

"Don't be dramatic. We are discussing your determination on going to California. Remember?"